Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emails to OnePass@coair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Emails to OnePass@coair

3 full days of no responses after sending an email to this address, I get the feeling it's actually an email shredder.

Am I being irrational in expecting a more prompt reply?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:08 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

You are certainly not crazy, but this seems to be the new normal. There was a thread about this a month or so ago. I think most people did eventually get a response, but it took closer to 7-10 days. If you have anything time sensitive, use another communication method......like put a bottle in the ocean. May get a faster response.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME, getting any sort of email response from CO takes about 10-14 days. It's pretty pathetic.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: Onepass Plat
I've had two emails I never received a response to.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I've had pretty decent responses actually. I'd say 7-10 working days is my average response but for anything time sensitive I call.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
takes at least a week to get a response and when you do it usually has nothing to do with your question/request; you get a generic response of we are sorry........... bla bla bla.
It has actually gotten much worse in the last couple of years.
I am looking forward to some improvement after the merger is completed.
I know I am unrealistic
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armattheus
I've had pretty decent responses actually. I'd say 7-10 working days is my average response but for anything time sensitive I call.
When several other airlines respond within 24-48 hours (even to non-elites), I'm not sure I'd call 7-10 business days "decent". CO really needs to follow their competition's lead on the whole email response thing.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sdm1130
When several other airlines respond within 24-48 hours (even to non-elites), I'm not sure I'd call 7-10 business days "decent". CO really needs to follow their competition's lead on the whole email response thing.
7-10 business days is most certainly decent. How do we know that? Because CO is doing it!

Anything CO does must be decent, reputable, and with good, customer-focused intentions. One can even argue that 7-10 days when they have no obligation to respond that quickly is quite upstanding of CO.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by sdm1130
For nonessential things I don't feel it's bad but people often email for items more imperative and expect fast results.
Time for DHS FOIL request: 63 days
Time for FBI FOIL request: 78 days
Time for Hertz response: 9 days
Time for Delta response: 675 days and counting (email first followed up with snail mail version)
Time for Amtrak response: 5 days
So overall I consider 7-10 business days decent.
Anyone want to chip in to getting Channa a Jeff Smisek doll that when you push its stomach it says RAH RAH?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone want to chip in to getting Channa a Jeff Smisek doll that when you push its stomach it says RAH RAH?

I'd prefer a Jeff $misek bobblehead that says, "I think you'll like them!"
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
For nonessential things I don't feel it's bad but people often email for items more imperative and expect fast results.
Time for DHS FOIL request: 63 days
Time for FBI FOIL request: 78 days
Time for Hertz response: 9 days
Time for Delta response: 675 days and counting (email first followed up with snail mail version)
Time for Amtrak response: 5 days
So overall I consider 7-10 business days decent.
funny you should mention Delta. My responses from Delta usually occurr within 2 days, sometimes even less then a day.

With Continental, my latest E-mail was sent over a week ago, and nothing. Not surprised.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
funny you should mention Delta. My responses from Delta usually occurr within 2 days, sometimes even less then a day.
I believe DL, like UA, handles their CS emails by status.

CO, like many things CO, does not have status factored into this business process.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:04 am

Replies take a long time. 3 weeks.

There is usually no compensation. .I do it because I want UACO to be a better airline, and because I have high standards.

If I had low standards, I would be flying American.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, SPG Plat
I recently sent 2 emails on 2 separate subjects and got responses to both in a timely fashion.
The first regarding 2 amtrak segments that did not get credited to my account. Time from email to response was 3 days. Resolution and credit to account came within 2 weeks.
Second issue was regarding a potential missed connection on an intl flt due to a short (35 min) connect time at IAH on a flt within the next 2 weeks.
Time to first response from email sent was a phone call from the executive offices within 3-4 days of initial email. 36 hours later, mostly due to phone tag, my issue was satifyingly solved. Kudos to the kind woman who worked thru my concerns.
As far as I'm concerned, the time to response and subsequent resolution to this particular issue was outstanding!!!!!!
Additionally, This kind soul told me to keep her number handy should I have any other issues and concerns about future flights, etc.

I know most will consider this the exception rather than the norm but to me it shows there are good people working the customer relations desk who care about us and our issues.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
7 days after a missing mileage credit was sent, I received a response. That was 3 days ago (of course it's the weekend though). Hoping they'll find a way to get to my issue soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.