Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get to Mumbai?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Best way to get to Mumbai?

...from Los Angeles. I'm not aware of direct flights from the west coast, but I have seen decent rates on virgin atlantic, which does of course have the added benefit of crediting to onepass. Would it make more sense to travel west, and connect through singapore/dubai/HK perhaps? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you are looking for *A miles, you can't get much better than SQ via SIN. Your best OW choice is CX via HKG.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:15 pm

Are you asking for the best choice that lets you credit miles to OP?

In that case, you could fly CO LAX-EWR-BOM or LH LAX-FRA-BOM. Do you have status with CO, are you buying Y or C, hoping to use OP miles to upgrade?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:33 pm

ANA(NH), Turkish, Thai, Austrian, egyptair, can all also do it. Might avoid egyptair right now, though.
If it is paid J/F, book SQ, then Thai or ANA.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Just to provide additional detail:
-I have no status with CO, but will probably be silver by the time of this trip. Not expecting this will help much anyways.
-It would be nice to use miles for an upgrade, but not if it means paying a significantly higher price for a difference booking class or carrier.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by greatwave
Thanks. Just to provide additional detail:
-I have no status with CO, but will probably be silver by the time of this trip. Not expecting this will help much anyways.
-It would be nice to use miles for an upgrade, but not if it means paying a significantly higher price for a difference booking class or carrier.
If you have 40k miles + copay you can upgrade on CO one-way on any fare. OTOH, if you have silver by the time of the trip, you might want to consider UA so you can book an E+ seat. Maybe LAX-IAD-DXB, continuing to BOM on EK. At least the first two legs would be E+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.