Power at iah

Old Feb 2, 11, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mariott Plat, *wood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Power at iah

The area around iah just lost power. Due to 21 degree temps I think. It appears that iah is dark too. Can anyone confirm whether the airport still has power?
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm in the PC at IAH-C south and everywhere in the C terminal appears to have power. On my way in, though, the area around Greens Rd & Aldine-Westfield was without. All the gates were up at the EZ-Pass lanes on the airport connector from the Hardy
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:08 am

Location: Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Gold, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Club, Admiral's Club, Hyatt Platinum
There are rolling brownouts around the state right now due to increased demand on the electrical grid from the cold weather. I trust the airport has a backup plan, but that might add to the fun at some point.
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:37 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
There are rolling brownouts around the state right now due to increased demand on the electrical grid from the cold weather. I trust the airport has a backup plan, but that might add to the fun at some point.
And here's the Chrn article about the rolling brownouts.

Search this Thread