Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Calling Continental is the worst experience ever....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

....Plain and simple. Is there anyway around the horrible and painful voice prompts? I mean, really. Why can't it be more like Delta. Call, input your frequent flier # and get transfered to an agent.

No matter what you want with Delta, at least you get to an agent right away.

Every time I try to call Continental, the exact oppossite. nothing but waiting, aggravation and grief.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:23 am

Are you comparing your experiences as a Delta Diamond, as noted in your profile, with that of a general OnePass member?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by a7800
Are you comparing your experiences as a Delta Diamond, as noted in your profile, with that of a general OnePass member?
What he said.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
....Plain and simple. Is there anyway around the horrible and painful voice prompts? I mean, really. Why can't it be more like Delta. Call, input your frequent flier # and get transfered to an agent.

Every time I try to call Continental, the exact oppossite. nothing but waiting, aggravation and grief.
Clearly you havent had bad experiences in life if this is one of your worst...this is 21st century customer service - you have to take it or leave it.

And there is much worse than continental - at least you end up speaking to someone who understands you and your likely travel, and who knows laguardia and JFK are in the same town, or indeed the same country or you dont end up having to spell orlando 10 minutes later having realized the agent was routing you to oslo ...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ani90
Clearly you havent had bad experiences in life if this is one of your worst...this is 21st century customer service - you have to take it or leave it.

And there is much worse than continental - at least you end up speaking to someone who understands you and your likely travel, and who knows laguardia and JFK are in the same town, or indeed the same country or you dont end up having to spell orlando 10 minutes later having realized the agent was routing you to oslo ...
I'm plat with Continental. minimum wait times the past few days has been 15 to 20 minutes. Unacceptable. Continental is by far the worst when it comes to calling up for flight changes. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Delta beats continental hands down. You call, enter your skymiles # and presto, you have an agent in seconds.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
on Continental, I just say "Operator" or "Agent" and get soemone live that way avoiding all the other BS.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: CO - Platinum(now UA1K), Honors - Diamond, Starwood - Platinum, Hertz - Pres circle, National Exec
Hmm, I am platinum as well... I have called CO (elite desk) several times the past few days (this morning to change a flight) and at most waited 5 minutes, and that call was transferred to the Onepass Svc Ctr, which I would think may not have as many agents as reservations...

When I call the elite line it asks me whether I would like flight status, or have a question about a new rez, or an existing rez... then asks for my onepass number. In most cases a live person picks up almost immediately, but occassionally there is a short wait.

Again my experience is with the elite line... but in 90% of my interactions with CO CS, I would say they are far more helpful and easier to reach than almost any other customer service department I have dealt with... I do not fly Delta since the CO/SkyTeam divorce, so dont have to worry about contacting their Customer service dept, so I cannot directly compare... but is one additional question (compared to ONLY asking for your FF#) really that annoying? And with the issues in the NorthEastern US as of late, Im sure most airlines with an affected hub have been inundated... but shouldnt we be at least a bit understanding?

And yes, I do spend alot of money with CO, but not as much as I have spent with BMW or Land Rover, or my mortgage company... and CO has in most cases outshined all of those companies for CS (not to rag on BMW or LR tho haha
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:16 pm

I'm plat with Continental. minimum wait times the past few days has been 15 to 20 minutes. Unacceptable. Continental is by far the worst when it comes to calling up for flight changes. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Delta beats continental hands down. You call, enter your skymiles # and presto, you have an agent in seconds.
If nothing we say can convince you otherwise why are you here?

During the Christmas snowstorm I managed to get someone from the Delta website support online after waiting for 45 minutes. The main CS line simply kicked me off and the Delta website just sat frozen. It is what it is. If you're so happy with Delta, why not continue to fly only with them?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lurker1999

During the Christmas snowstorm I managed to get someone from the Delta website support online after waiting for 45 minutes. The main CS line simply kicked me off and the Delta website just sat frozen. It is what it is. If you're so happy with Delta, why not continue to fly only with them?
your right, and I'm kicking myself for booking with continental. CO was $80 cheaper per ticket, NYC to PBI. CO saved me $160. But, in the long run, it wasnt really worth it. Next time, I'll pay more to avoid CO.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's perfectly fine. I pay more all the time to avoid Delta.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond

When I used to contact the elite line and always had to 'enter' my OnePass number, I always entered it on the keypad as the automated voice almost always misunderstood my OP# and transferred me to the general line. Since I began entering my OP# instead of speaking it, I think the longest I have ever waited for the elite line is less than one minute. Might be what is happening in your case. Other than that, if you are a Plat and waiting 15-20 minutes to talk to an agent, something is wrong.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle

Hi NYPDlieu,

I'm not doubting your claim, but I think you may have been the victim of a statistical aberration. For a non-status flyer, CO phone service is absolutely, horrifically, almost inconceivably bad, but as soon as you reach elite (I'm only a silver) then it becomes fine. I rarely have to wait more than a couple of minutes when I call.

Cheers,

Paul.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Lurker1999

He is probably flying CO because he wants to use miles at a standard rare sometime in his life.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat

Based on what you say above, I am 100% certain that your number isn't being interpreted correctly. 15 - 20 minutes is unheard of to reach the Plat elite line - either for myself out of hundreds of calls at all times of the day / year, or any of my colleagues with similar travel patterns. 5 minutes has been the absolute most, during huge weather disruption.

The advice above is good - use the phone keypad to enter the number (including the letters) if this is happening to you.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I called yesterday, and had to wait about a minute to get through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.