Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flex EQMs to reach 100K?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Flex EQMs to reach 100K?

I was recently asked by a family member if they could use some of their FLEX EQMs to hit the magic 100k.

I actually had no idea, I know it would to get one to PLT, but the 100K SWU threshold seemed like it could be a gray area.

Therefor I request the learned input from my fellow CO Fters for advice.

Thanks,
Dan
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dan1431
I was recently asked by a family member if they could use some of their FLEX EQMs to hit the magic 100k.

I actually had no idea, I know it would to get one to PLT, but the 100K SWU threshold seemed like it could be a gray area.

Therefor I request the learned input from my fellow CO Fters for advice.

Thanks,
Dan
Yes it works
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Deleted - mis-read OP.

Last edited by mbreuer; Dec 22, 2010 at 9:23 am
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by mbreuer
FLEX EQM's are transferable? Can you post a link?
Who said anything about transferable?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Yes, this works. Used a few of mine the other day to land at exactly 100,000 EQMs for the year.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I just hope the Flex program doesn't go away. I have 27,000 flex miles just sitting there unused, since I'm already at 140,000 EQMs for the year.

I have to choose between holding (and building) those flex miles for some time in the future when I won't requalify for Platinum or using them in 2011+ to get the regional upgrades faster when I have the opportunity to use them once passing 50k EQMs. I'm assuming that the Flex miles will be treated the same way for the Regional Upgrades.

From CO web site: As a new benefit, Elite members will earn Regional Upgrades after completing 75,000 EQMs or 90 EQPs. Two additional Regional Upgrades will be issued for every additional 25,000 EQMs or 30 EQPs earned thereafter in the same calendar year.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Dec 22, 2010 at 9:25 am Reason: spelling...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Weez_1000
Who said anything about transferable?
nm - I mis-read the OP.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their advice, I spoke with my family member and she was able to xfer some of her FLEX EQMs and attain the 4 SWUs.

Thanks again,
Dan
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum Elite, Marriott Rewards Gold, National Executive Elite
maybe a silly question..but just requalified for my third year as a OP platinum.....what are Flex EQMs?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andremcintosh
maybe a silly question..but just requalified for my third year as a OP platinum.....what are Flex EQMs?
A perk from the Presidential Plus CC. You earn them in addition to RDMs for spend, though at a lower rate.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by andremcintosh
When you have the Chase Presidential card (Maybe others) you receive 1000 Flex EQM's for every $5000 spent and paid. They dont expire and can be used as EQM's

Disclaimer: They don't "currently" expire although no one knows yet how they will be handled in the future......

Last edited by Weez_1000; Dec 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm Reason: Added disclaimer
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Somewhat related question...

How long does it take the FEQMs from Chase to post to CO? My RDMs from the last statement posted several days ago, but the FEQMs (that I want to apply for 2010) have not shown up on my account yet.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
My Flex EQM's are dated the 30th but do not post until after the 1st of the month. FEQM's are only distributed once a month, not each time you charge $5K.

I carefully read the OP and the miles belonged to a relative who used them on their account.

It is my understanding that one cannot give their FEQM's to a family member. Is that correct?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:41 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by sbm12
A perk from the Presidential Plus CC. You earn them in addition to RDMs for spend, though at a lower rate.
Your dependent clause is correct. I note, however, that lower rate increased "recently" and, if I'm right (and I always am ), the earning rate will further increase again, because EQMs (I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye on this point, my wandering friend) "cost" the airline less than do RDMs. (Did I put enough parenthetical clauses in this paragraph?)

RNE, adding salt to the wound, "Indeed, EQMs decrease in value especially as elite perks erode. Doubt me? Don't."
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
My Flex EQM's are dated the 30th but do not post until after the 1st of the month. FEQM's are only distributed once a month, not each time you charge $5K.

I carefully read the OP and the miles belonged to a relative who used them on their account.

It is my understanding that one cannot give their FEQM's to a family member. Is that correct?
I have no idea, in my case the Flex EQMs belonged to my relative and were used by my relative.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.