Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Checked Baggage: How-to determine 62 linear inches ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Baggage: How-to determine 62 linear inches ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Question Checked Baggage: How-to determine 62 linear inches ?

Hello,

I am investigating flying with Cape Air (CO partner), and the route is SJU - STT. I was told it was a small aircraft and the checked in baggage is 62 linear inches.

How do you calculate this? We have a large roller suit case that we use to travel overseas with, but we never heard of this 62 linear inches rule.

Can some one help enlighten?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by me4tux
...never heard of this 62 linear inches rule. ...
Checked Baggage
In general, Continental Airlines will accept up to two pieces of checked baggage with a maximum weight of 50 pounds (23 kg) per bag and a maximum outside dimension of 62 inches (157 cm) per bag in exchange for the applicable service fees. Outside dimension of a bag is equal to the width + height + depth of the bag added together.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Thumbs up Thanks!

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks WineCountry~

So, its width + height + depth of the bag added together. Now I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.