Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Fliers Community

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
Just got an email to say I'm being invited to join the community and should receive login credentials in the next 7-10 business days.

I'm an EU-based Plat for the last 3 years. I'll only make Gold this year as I've been relocated to the US now and practically all my trips were TATL.

Anyone else?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:25 pm

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
Originally Posted by Trinners
Anyone else?
Received my notice today as well. I've been Platinum for 7 years, and in OnePass since 1985. Unless I do a $10K mileage run, looks like I'll have to pass on PresPlat.

Last edited by COFreqFlyer; Nov 9, 2010 at 3:57 pm Reason: Duh, I don't know how to count years.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
I got invited to join as well - same deal with the creds - 5 to 7 days. Should be interesting.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
I got invited to join as well - same deal with the creds - 5 to 7 days. Should be interesting.
+1
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
No love for this Plat/CO* with annual spend in excess of 10k.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
They even apologized for the screw up with the FF entry in the initial survey.

Dear Numexbigjim

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the United Fliers Community questionnaire. We realize your time is valuable and we appreciate your willingness to join the United Fliers Community - it's an exciting step towards creating the new United Airlines.

It came to our attention that there was an error at the conclusion of the questionnaire when entering your Continental OnePass number. While the error was quickly corrected, we realize these events were both an inconvenience and frustration for you. On behalf of everyone at the new United Airlines, I'd like to express our sincerest apologies.

Based on your initial responses to the questionnaire you have qualified to join the United Fliers Community. Pending final review you will receive notification of your login credentials within the next 7-10 business days. We are excited to welcome you to the United Fliers Community!

Please contact Scott O'Leary at [address deleted] with any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Erin Kinney
Communispace Corporation

Last edited by Xyzzy; Nov 9, 2010 at 8:28 pm Reason: The address removed was not a generally publicly available one.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: CO Plat,AF Plat,SAS Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I got the same. I am UK based, Plat w/ 125K EQM this year, got my 1MM last year, but alas, revenue challenged, (<$25K). so it does not appear to be only the PPlats.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
N love here...
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:39 pm

No invite here either and strangely enough most of my CO credited travel this year has been on UA.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I am a UA member of the United Fliers Community and have been for the last 8 months or so. I was told once by one of the UA staff/moderators of that board that invitations were sent out randomly to 1K/GS. A small number are given special invitations to join. I am a member so it certainly can't be based on spend

A couple of weeks ago, they had a United Call Center tour thing in Chicago. It was very nice and well done. There were 3 FT folks there (at least), including myself. They talked about CO plats joining and were looking forward to your participation.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This infinite plat hasn't heard back, either.

The reason I'm most interested in joining is to learn a bit more about UA. I'm frankly not an expert on "doing business" with that airline. Over the years, I've had a somewhat negative impression of UA, largely due to their aloof and "random" management and India call center. But I already have 25K miles booked on UA metal for next year, most of it booked directly through UA. So, one way or the other, I'm going to learn a lot more about flying UA -- quickly!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
I'm in, as a Plat headed for 100k this year. On first glance, less going on than this forum.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by belynch
No love for this Plat/CO* with annual spend in excess of 10k.
Me either.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Me either.
I understand why they didn't invite belynch; I mean they couldn't get him a Plat card despite 14 calls from him so know way he's going to get a survey. Why they didn't invite us; I have no idea
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:09 pm

Nothing here as well...I find this rather distasteful =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.