Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Silver - Use Continental Premium Security in Newark?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver

Hello - I am Silver on United. Can I use the premium security lines for Continental in Newark?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
Hello - I am Silver on United. Can I use the premium security lines for Continental in Newark?
As an UA Premier, CO will give you "elite access". It will be written on your boarding pass and that will give you access.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Everyone uses it whether they are elite or not.

My advice is just pick the line that's shorter (more often than not, it's not the elite line).
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by belynch
Everyone uses it whether they are elite or not.

My advice is just pick the line that's shorter (more often than not, it's not the elite line).
I was going to say the same thing, for EWR.

once even when the elite line was WAY shorter the TDC lady REFUSED to take anyone from elite line and for a full 8 min only took non elite line. grr, totally defeats the purpose, and I wonder how widespread such is.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:09 pm

Elite lines in general have far less than 100% compliance or policing, at least on UA (I'm a UA 1K). Hoping that the merger with CO improves that.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by awerdna2002
Elite lines in general have far less than 100% compliance or policing, at least on UA (I'm a UA 1K). Hoping that the merger with CO improves that.
I find that Dulles does a decent job, although in 2007 I used my United Premier card to access the elite security line with an Aeroflot boarding pass.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by awerdna2002
EWR security is trying at the best of time. Don't think there is much hope of it improving. The only thing worse than terminal C security at EWR is, terminal A security at EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.