EQM minimums

Old Oct 27, 10, 10:53 am
Original Poster

EQM minimums

In booking an extended trip on co.com as an Elite with a couple of legs under 200 miles, the CO itinerary for the purchased flights was not showing the "500 EQM minimum" in their calculation.
I called the OPSC and a very nice lady had to verify the 500 mile EQM minimum per leg with a supervisor. This took about 20 minutes to confirm as she said various documents she had looked at were not very clear on this subject.
I later did a search here on FT which did address this subject a year ago & pointed to the corresponding subject on co.com.
So I assume I'll have to complete my trip before I see the 500 EQM's per leg posted to my OnePass account.
Old Oct 27, 10, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There are endless errors in the reporting of OP miles and EQM earned in the booking itinerary. Just ignore those. You'll get your correct and miles and EQM. If not, then call OPSC afterwards.
Old Oct 27, 10, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by rkkwan View Post
There are endless errors in the reporting of OP miles and EQM earned in the booking itinerary. Just ignore those. You'll get your correct and miles and EQM. If not, then call OPSC afterwards.
Sage advice from rkkwan as usual.
Old Oct 27, 10, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The thing is that the 500 minimum is only for elites so they are sortof a bonus on the short flights. The regular booking page shows the non-elite numbers (and even gets those wrong occasionally).

The good news is that the system is pretty good at actually crediting correctly, regardless of what it displays.
Old Oct 29, 10, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

co.com confusion

Thanks for the reassuring replies to my question.
However prior to posting here I had requested clarification of EQM's from [email protected] based on what I was seeing on my itinerary confirmation after booking on line.
In their reply just received, they are stating that according to their website 250 EQM's minimum per leg will be awarded!
So guess I'll have to wait until completing my trip in December. If I don't see the 500 miles per leg posted then, hopefully I can successfully obtain them thru the OPSC!
Old Oct 29, 10, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler View Post
Thanks for the reassuring replies to my question.
However prior to posting here I had requested clarification of EQM's from [email protected] based on what I was seeing on my itinerary confirmation after booking on line.
In their reply just received, they are stating that according to their website 250 EQM's minimum per leg will be awarded!
So guess I'll have to wait until completing my trip in December. If I don't see the 500 miles per leg posted then, hopefully I can successfully obtain them thru the OPSC!
I would ignore this and trust the system. I'm a first-time Elite, so the 500 mile rule is new to me. I did a quick IAH-OKC run a few weeks back that was shown as 409 miles each way. The ticket was booked late, so I was on a B-fare. When I checked my EQMs after the trip, I had been awarded 750 per leg (500 minimum miles as a Silver + 50% for the full-fare ticket).

I hadn't realized that the combination of Elite status and a full-fare economy ticket would work this way, but the system certainly processes it that way regardless of what someone else says.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: