CO Ticketing Process

Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / US DMS / DL PM
CO Ticketing Process

The CO ticketing process is very annoying. Last night I booked a reservation online at continental.com. I thought everything was good to go. Luckily, I checked the reservation, and it said on hold. I called CO to have it ticketed. The reservationist says wait 5 to 10 minutes, and it will be ticketed. If I would not have checked, then the reservation would have expired in 1 day.

Other airlines such as UA / US / DL have instant ticketing. I hope when the reservation systems are combined that this practice of "wait-and-see" does not get adopted. This is extremely irritating. So, is CO checking each and every reservation manually to decide if they want to ticket the reservation or not? Can they say no to the ticketing, for example if you got a very good fare?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
This is a known issue with CO. Hopefully they will work on it in a positive way.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Part of the privilege of being allowed to buy a ticket on CO is that you have to babysit it.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Inconsistant

Originally Posted by channa
Part of the privilege of being allowed to buy a ticket on CO is that you have to babysit it.

Not always

Sometimes it works properly

It seems to queue only when swamped

Clearly the system needs additional capacity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.