Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Will Reciprocity Bring Fee-Waived SDC on UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Reciprocity Bring Fee-Waived SDC on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
As of Oct 1, 2010 the RCC also servers free liquor.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by saaws
hmm let's see.

professionalism - refer to service.The op said 'one of the few' and I understand you were upset. They're both great airlines. I just hate someone bashing my favorite airline.
Re: Professionalism -- CO has the most professional men and women in the industry. If you don't believe me, ask channa.

It's all one big messy blended family now. And while the combined carrier could be amazing if it picked from the best of each carrier; I have this terror that it's more likely to be the worst of each or perhaps the cheapest of each.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Originally Posted by Cuse44
I was just booking a trip for business today and saw this in the fare rules. I know it only applies for SDC on Continental and not United, but I thought it was interesting to share nonetheless (And maybe hoping the CO policy is adopted for the new 'United').

2. CONFIRM A SEAT ON AN ALTERNATE
FLIGHT FOR A FEE OF
A. PRES PLT ELITE - 0.00 USD
B. PLATINUM ELITE - 0.00 USD
C. 1K - 0.00 USD
D. GOLD ELITE - 25.00 USD
E. PREMIER EXECUTIVE - 25.00 USD
F. SILVER ELITE - 50.00 USD
G. PREMIER - 50.00 USD
H. NON-ELITE - 50.00 USD
I. PREMIER ASSOCIATE - 50.00 USD
ON FLIGHTS DEPARTING WITHIN 24 HOURS OF
CHECK-IN WHEN ......
Thanks that this is the first really good "on topic" response. Amazing how these threads just deteriorate into something that doesn't do much to further the answer to Plat CO benefits on UA for same day changes.

If UA has any policy like the one outlined above, then it seems possible that CO Plat who are almost equal to UA 1K (at least in the example above they are on CO ) would now be able to have a fee-free change on same day.

Anyone have any actual knowledge?

I tried looking for fare rules on a UA fare and did not get very far. Cuse44 was much luckier on the CO rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.