Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Trading One Pass Points for AAdvantage Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame

I have 6228 onepass miles that are dying a slow death since I've switched to AA. Does any one happen to be in the opposite situation? I'd love to get some AA miles. I know that you can gift AAmiles to others, can you do the same for continental?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:51 pm

Don't think any transfer is possible without substantial loss of miles and a high fee. A friend of mine who is also an AA flier had slightly more CO miles than you and just ended up using them for an upgrade on CO.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
From what I can tell, it costs a continental customer $7.50 to transfer points and an AA customer nothing. I'd gladly pay the charge/equiv miles to clean out my account. Otherwise I may have to buy a magazine subscription.

Edit: it's $7.50 per 500miles to transfer miles that you own... YIKES!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA
From what I can tell, it costs a continental customer $7.50 to transfer points and an AA customer nothing. I'd gladly pay the charge/equiv miles to clean out my account. Otherwise I may have to buy a magazine subscription.

Edit: it's $7.50 per 500miles to transfer miles that you own... YIKES!
Free options exist, but not without loss of miles: http://www.webflyer.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.