Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some Q4s grounded; effects on CoCo??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
The Dash-8 CO (Commutair) flies from PHL to EWR is actually a nice ride for the short hop..
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jlemon
Didn't SAS have perceived problems with the Q400 as well awhile back?
The problems were more than perceived. SAS has had three Q400 main gear failures. Other airlines have had similar failures.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by xyzzy
The problems were more than perceived. SAS has had three Q400 main gear failures. Other airlines have had similar failures.
Thanks....I knew they had some problems but was not aware how serious these problems were.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Sorry to bring this back on topic, but does anyone have any insight if this will have an effect on CoCo? I have the pleasure of flying one of these lovely craft early monday morning!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jlemon
Thanks....I knew they had some problems but was not aware how serious these problems were.
I should, perhaps, mention that I've flown the Q400 a few times and would not hesitate to fly it again.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
I flew the Q400 a few nights ago for only the second time. Full flight. Other than being very noisy, despite the Q400 version suppossedly having a prop noise cancellation trick device, it was relatively harmless.

However the operator, Colgan, was as screwed up as people report. The flight was delayed as no one knew where the captain was. "He's coming in on a delayed flight"; "What flight?"; "We dont know, ops (Colgan) isnt sure!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.