Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger of size on an RJ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
CRES is ambiguous...
"The customer must not significantly encroach upon the adjacent seating space."

What does it mean to "significantly encroach"?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K x6yrs, Ex-AAExecPlat, Delta 360, Mariott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AMEX Centurion, Avis First
Originally Posted by britskie
like, for real?
Yes, for real ;-)
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Update from the OP:

Yesterday I got a nicely written (and mildly funny) email from wecare alrong with a $100 voucher. Nice work on both counts.

Although I haven't contacted we care in while, my previous experiences with them were not typically pleasant or satisfying. I'm happy to see the improvement; hopefully it's a trend.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by marklyon
cptlflyer, another reply mentioned it, but there are plenty of other places the human body can store considerable mass but still allow the individual to fit between the armrests.
Perhaps, but is that what we're discussing here? I definitely did not get that impression from the OP.

Even still, the amount of personal space -- with the exception of HEAD room (i.e. ceiling height) -- is actually the same-if-not-greater on an RJ.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by cptlflyer
Even still, the amount of personal space -- with the exception of HEAD room (i.e. ceiling height) -- is actually the same-if-not-greater on an RJ.
Technically, yes. For all practical purposes a seat 0.1 inches wider isn't going to make any difference. Especially with my seat mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.