Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues With On-Line Check-In Today?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Issues With On-Line Check-In Today?

Has anybody else had problems with on-line check-in today? I feel like I am living in a CO website version of the Twilight Zone:

At precisely 8:35AM, I began the process of checking in for tomorrow's CO 1703. The website did not ask me how I wanted to receive my boarding passes. I just got a "We were unable to complete check in. Please see an agent at the airport" screen of death. I called the Elite line, and they were able to check me in on-line, and they e-mailed me my boarding passes.

Right at about that time, I received my e-mail notification that my mileage upgrade waitlist had expired, and I would automatically be added to the airport upgrade waitlist.

Then I went into the pda site, and I saw my name in lights on the upgrade standby list. 0 out of 9 people had checked in, with 7 seats remaining in F. I have been refreshing all morning, and there are still 0 out of 9 people checked in, which seems incredibly odd to me. I would think that most of these people would be East Coast-based customers on their return flights, and thus doing the auto check in.

I tried going through the on-line check-in process again so that I could see if the site would ask me if I wanted to do automatic return check-in, but I got all the way to the "print boarding passes" screen without ever seeing this option. (I did get the print/e-mail/kiosk option for printout tomorrow's boarding passes.)

A few additional names got added to the upgrade standby list this morning, so obviously some people are checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.