Search

Revised post-merger livery released

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Revised post-merger livery released

Just noticed on the United-Continental merger website that a revised post merger livery and logo has been released. I don't quite know how I feel about it just yet, I think my final opinion will be determined once someone makes a FS2002 787 rendition of it, and I get to fly it around for a bit.

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:15 am

Looks way better than the first one, much better font for 'United'.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Whew. You scared me for a second there. I thought that stupid tulip was going to be coming back. I guess this is marginally better than the initial draft. My only problem with the livery remains that they mispelled Continental.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I'm OK with anything that kills the tulip and keeps the CO globe, but the all-blocks rendition of UNITED is too totalitarian, brutal, and Delta-ish.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:31 am

They still need to fire whomever is their graphic artist is. The font looks like it was just stuck there on the side of the plane.

But on a whole, it does look better.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT
I guess it looks better than the first one; the capital U on the first design was really weird looking.

But I still think it looks a little odd. Maybe the letters in UNITED are just a spaced a little to far apart, i.e. the spacing is the same between the letters without regard to what those letter are (kerning). The letters also look a touch too squished for my liking.

I still think it's strange to see a new name (and now, font) but with exactly the same livery. I don't think UA/CO should make a drastic change, but I think it would be cool if they modernized the globe a little bit. I still like COPA's livery, and I think the globe looks a bit more modern.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I don't quite know how I feel about it just yet, I think my final opinion will be determined once someone makes a FS2002 787 rendition of it, and I get to fly it around for a bit.
How you feel matters not. It means that it has arrived: CHANGE

Get used to it - you can't stop CHANGE when CHANGE comes a knockin'.

Change
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
More Continental, less United.

Is there any relief clause in the agreement that could allow phaseout of the United name, downrange? Just considering who is/will be in the captain's seat.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
How you feel matters not. It means that it has arrived: CHANGE

Get used to it - you can't stop CHANGE when CHANGE comes a knockin'.

Change
This is true. Though FWIW, I just had a friend adapt the revised livery to the post-merger UA colors 787-8 I operate in FS2002, and it looks great. Therefore, my feeling towards this CHANGE is positive.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

FS2002? A bit averse to change...

I sense though this may be the death knell for the Texas country club script used for the PC and Elite Access logos. Too bad.... liked it in the way AA has fun with it's abbreviAAtion

Last edited by cerealmarketer; Aug 11, 2010 at 11:37 am
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Just noticed on the United-Continental merger website that a revised post merger livery and logo has been released. I don't quite know how I feel about it just yet, I think my final opinion will be determined once someone makes a FS2002 787 rendition of it, and I get to fly it around for a bit.

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/
FS2002!???? Dude, at least use FS2004!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BearX220
I'm OK with anything that kills the tulip and keeps the CO globe, but the all-blocks rendition of UNITED is too totalitarian, brutal, and Delta-ish.
I don't think I really know what you mean by "totalitarian" in this context.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
More Continental, less United.

Is there any relief clause in the agreement that could allow phaseout of the United name, downrange? Just considering who is/will be in the captain's seat.
If anything, this revision is slightly MORE U N I T E D than Version 1.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I HATE the font on this one - the old 'continental' font for United looked far better.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:41 am

I don't know. I would be happier if the CO + UA logo combined the tulip and the globe in an artistic, elegant way

All said - I am happy the Darth Vader font is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.