Wiki Posts
Search

Good BusinessFirst Seat on 767-400?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Good BusinessFirst Seat on 767-400?

What is everyone's opinion of a good seat on a 767-400 in BusinessFirst from Newark to Paris?

How are those single middle seats?

The "system" booked me in 1K since I booked on United's website and could not select my own seat. Is traffic really a problem there? How is the legroom?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
The 767 is for sure not a lie flat, I love the middle seats however. I am over 6' and have no issue with leg room in BF on a 767.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I like the single center seats, the bulkhead one can be a bit noisy, and busy though. One thing I've never figured is, why do FA's have to stomp up and down the aisle? Don't they know how much the floor moves?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
On 767s I like the middle seats - easy access to either aisle, no one crawling over you / no crawling over your seatmate to get out to go to lav. I've never been bothered by bumping from either aisle except during boarding a little bit.

On 777s I like the middle seats for the same reason (no crawling).

However, I would avoid row 1 on either because of the galley/lav proximity. I usually try for rows 3 or 4, but that's just my preference.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
No problem in 1K, especially if you are lucky and don't have a seat neighbor. Depending on the crew, it could get noisy there though. Especially the lavatory traffic sucks.

The middle seats look great, I would just avoid the one in row 1 as crew and other fellow passengers will cross in front of you.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The consensus seems to be that the middle seats are fine, even good.

Since I'm flying overnight and wish to sleep, the 1K seat I have been assigned is probably too noisy. I'll call and switch to one of the middle seats.

As an aside, I posted a similar query about a 777 on United's board. I was abruptly referred to seatguru and seatexpert (both of which I had already checked) and then the thread was locked. It's friendlier here...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
6D/7D are always a good pick on BF 764 flights. The ISM serves these rows out of the 2L/R galley when the cabin is mostly full, so the service is generally very good and a bit quicker than the rows forward.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
I love the middle "King" seat. Just hang on to your drink during the boarding process as it is subject to being whacked all over you by passing carry-ons.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I was able to go on Continental's website (even though I booked on UA's) and change my seat to 6D. According to your replies, the service will be better as it is served by the second galley, and the "solitude" in the center will make it a restful flight.

Any caveats (aside from the drink during boarding being knocked down by carry-on luggage)?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:44 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by nycityny
I was able to go on Continental's website (even though I booked on UA's) and change my seat to 6D. According to your replies, the service will be better as it is served by the second galley, and the "solitude" in the center will make it a restful flight.

Any caveats (aside from the drink during boarding being knocked down by carry-on luggage)?
Not only will the service be better, but it will be SIGNIFICANTLY faster...thereby maximizing your time for rest while still being able to take full advantage of a full meal (rather than taking the executive meal if you so choose).
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: hardly any
From ATH to EWR

I recently flew home from ATH to EWR, and had selected that same type of seat: the single seat in the center section of the forward BF cabin.

On the plus side, I did receive cordial service from the flight attendants on both aisles. On the minus side, the passenger directly in front of me reclined in full nearly the entire flight, so it was quite difficult for me to get out of the seat to go to the lavatory. In other words, the seats are not self-contained pods.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnWM
I recently flew home from ATH to EWR, and had selected that same type of seat: the single seat in the center section of the forward BF cabin.

On the plus side, I did receive cordial service from the flight attendants on both aisles. On the minus side, the passenger directly in front of me reclined in full nearly the entire flight, so it was quite difficult for me to get out of the seat to go to the lavatory. In other words, the seats are not self-contained pods.
Well, I assume that if the person in front of you reclines fully that problem would exist at the window seat or the one next to it as well.

Did you try to get out of your seat with your footrest fully extended? Is that why it was difficult to get up?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Since the middle seats 6 & 7 get served by the mid galley, does that mean they get meal orders taken by those F/A's early too or do they still wait until the end and be some of the last to get to pick whats left.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:02 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Since the middle seats 6 & 7 get served by the mid galley, does that mean they get meal orders taken by those F/A's early too or do they still wait until the end and be some of the last to get to pick whats left.
It is almost as if you are being served by two "separate" crews...those in rows 6 and 7 are in better shape to get their order preference than say those in rows 4 and 5...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by nycityny
As an aside, I posted a similar query about a 777 on United's board. I was abruptly referred to seatguru and seatexpert (both of which I had already checked) and then the thread was locked. It's friendlier here...
I'm not sure it's necessarily unfriendly over on the UA board. It's just that these queries came up so often in the past. For that reason, there's a number of threads in the FAQ sticky that assist with seating related questions.

For your 777, pls see here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ld-config.html

All of UA's aircraft are detailed in that same sticky. Check it out for your seating stuff. It's way more accurate than seatguru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.