Search

Joys of Colgan Air - CO3206 returns to BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Plato90s
To answer some questions...

No other routing they were willing to rebook me for that night, since CO had no more flights to Vegas I could catch. The gate agents were rebooking all the passengers even before the plane made it back to the gate and I was already booked on the morning flight of EWR-LAS. But another carrier? I got a major "no".

As for as EWR transit - I made it, no problem, on Sun even though the BOS-EWR was once again delayed on departure and the scheduled transfer time was <35 minutes. I travel light - carryon only.

$150 is combined cab, hotel, car rental additional expense.

Thanks fro the suggestion - I'll collect the receipts when I get back and fire off a 2nd message if CO doesn't respond.
CO will respond. Just give them a couple weeks.

As for the denial of other carriers, I would also file a DOT complaint. CO needs to stop this nonsense, do the right thing, and comply with *A policies.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
You know, Smisek blamed the FAA for the safety problems at Colgan (at the house hearing), much to the chagrin of the rep from Walnut creek.

All they have to do is change the law: For any contracted services under the airline's banner, the parent airline shall be fully liable for the actions and safety failures of the contracting carrier.

At that point, the airlines can decide that they will spend a lot more money and effort supervising the regionals, OR they might decide they really need to move them back in-house to properly supervise the operation.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Plato90s
To answer some questions...

No other routing they were willing to rebook me for that night, since CO had no more flights to Vegas I could catch. The gate agents were rebooking all the passengers even before the plane made it back to the gate and I was already booked on the morning flight of EWR-LAS. But another carrier? I got a major "no".

As for as EWR transit - I made it, no problem, on Sun even though the BOS-EWR was once again delayed on departure and the scheduled transfer time was <35 minutes. I travel light - carryon only.

$150 is combined cab, hotel, car rental additional expense.

Thanks fro the suggestion - I'll collect the receipts when I get back and fire off a 2nd message if CO doesn't respond.
CO is far more responsive to its own Elite customers (the poster who suggested sending in receipts is CO Plat). I really wouldn't expect much. They might give you a token voucher for future travel, but I wouldn't hold my breath. CO's general rule is that, if you are at your home airport, there is no compensation due. Since it was a mechanical problem, they might throw you a token amount.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - I'll give CO 2 weeks before following up.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Plato90s, that must have been one heck of a good fare to get into CO non-elite Y and away from AA and almost certain upgrades.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
CO and other airlines are less generous when the delay or cancellation is at your home airport, since it's assumed you could just go home for the night. It's reasonable to ask them to reimburse the extra taxi expense (if that's how you got to the airport) but I don't understand the hotel and car rental. Did you have nonrefundable reservations in LAS?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Plato90s, that must have been one heck of a good fare to get into CO non-elite Y and away from AA and almost certain upgrades.
RT flight to Vegas booked on Tue (departing Sat) where AA was quoting nearly double the price.
Originally Posted by Stripe
CO and other airlines are less generous when the delay or cancellation is at your home airport, since it's assumed you could just go home for the night. It's reasonable to ask them to reimburse the extra taxi expense (if that's how you got to the airport) but I don't understand the hotel and car rental. Did you have nonrefundable reservations in LAS?
Yes for the hotel. Friends were arriving on Sunday, so I just booked a cheapo motel for 1 night to crash at. Naturally, non-refundable when you book so late.

As for the car, I had a Hertz pre-paid rental and they jack up the prices when you try to change the pickup/dropoff time so close to the actual date. The problem is the reservation is voided if you don't pick up, so I had to pay more to use the car for less time.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Just to wrap up - CO came up with a total of $200 in travel vouchers so a satisfactory conclusion to an annoying event...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.