Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDA site on the Droid

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

PDA site on the Droid

United and Delta's "pda" site works fine on my Motorola Droid, but CO's site seems to have a few issues:

- I have to zoom in.

For some reason, I can't even read the text on the site, I need to zoom in about 4 or 5 times before I can see and click on the links.

- No way to enlarge Electronic boarding pass picture code

This isn't a fault of CO, but more of the Droid, I think. I can't seem to "zoom" on the square picture code the scanners need. My girlfriend's iPhone seems to handle it just fine, but I'm stuck with the original rendering size.

Anyone else have the issues above? How did you get around it? I'm using the default browser that came with the Droid.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:09 pm

What browser are you using?

I've got a G1 that's been modded with portions of 2.0.

Maybe try opera? Opera in my phone has a hard time clicking choice bubbles on the pda site.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Regarding the barcode image size, I've had good luck saving it as a JPG and then viewing it and zooming to any desired level when using a phone where the native browser doesn't zoom sufficiently.

No idea about the other stuff.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Works perfectly on the webkit powered WebOS browser, and the electronic boarding pass zooms in perfectly fine with pinch to zoom.

Since iphone, and webos are both webkit, I have a feeling like you that it is the Droid, not the site.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by johdhj
United and Delta's "pda" site works fine on my Motorola Droid, but CO's site seems to have a few issues:

- I have to zoom in.

For some reason, I can't even read the text on the site, I need to zoom in about 4 or 5 times before I can see and click on the links.

- No way to enlarge Electronic boarding pass picture code

This isn't a fault of CO, but more of the Droid, I think. I can't seem to "zoom" on the square picture code the scanners need. My girlfriend's iPhone seems to handle it just fine, but I'm stuck with the original rendering size.

Anyone else have the issues above? How did you get around it? I'm using the default browser that came with the Droid.
I've got an Android 2.2 Nexus One. The boarding pass was zoomable, and then a couple of months ago, CO changed something on the site and suddenly it was tiny, and could not be zoomed on any device. Strangely, the boarding pass barcode was nice and big on iPhones though. I complained to CO, and I'm assuming others did as well, and a week or so ago the barcode suddenly started displaying nice and big in the Android browser without any need to zoom. If you've not flown in the last 10-14 days and used the electronic boarding pass, you may not have seen this yet. But at least on my Android device, it works fine now.

I have the same issue with needing to zoom the web pages on the PDA website. I've found that I only have to zoom it once to make it readable, though, and a quick double-tap does the trick faster than pinching to zoom it.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:00 pm

Just pulled up my boarding pass on my G1 and it filled the screen automatically (using the normal browser).

I measured the size of the scannable barcode and it defaulted to 1.5"X1.5"
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Just pulled up my boarding pass on my G1 and it filled the screen automatically (using the normal browser).

I measured the size of the scannable barcode and it defaulted to 1.5"X1.5"
That's what it's doing now that they've fixed it.

For a while it would have measured about 0.5" × 0.5". It was tiny, but still scannable in most cases.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:08 pm

With the Android OS growing in marketshare, they'll probably work on improving the pda side on Android phones. Glad to hear they're addressing the barcode issue and such! (I have a G1 at the moment)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine was zoomable when people said it was not
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n
Works perfectly on the webkit powered WebOS browser, and the electronic boarding pass zooms in perfectly fine with pinch to zoom.

Since iphone, and webos are both webkit, I have a feeling like you that it is the Droid, not the site.
The standard Android browser is also webkit based.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by polarissilver
The standard Android browser is also webkit based.
Yes I know, that is why I was saying, since it works well on iphone and webos, that it is probably a droid issue, and not site
Old Jun 18, 2010, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the input. I still have to "zoom" when I get to the site, but I won't know about the boarding pass until my next flight (in a few weeks).
Old Jun 18, 2010, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steph3n
Yes I know, that is why I was saying, since it works well on iphone and webos, that it is probably a droid issue, and not site
Motorola is bad about modifying things in the Android OS that really don't need modification. So it's quite possible the Droid has had some issues that other devices with baseline Android software have not.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I use the Sprint Hero (also an Android device) and I've noted the same thing. The electronic boarding pass shows up fine, with the square barcode nice and big. But when I go to the pda site, it's tiny, all of it fitting in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I can double tap and it zooms in to a decent size. After that, I don't have to zoom in until I go back to the pda home page again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.