Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Has anyone upgraded their OnePass Plus to Presidential Plus? Does CO/Chase offer any incentives to do so like DL does with their Amex cards? If so, I haven't received any. I got the OP Plus when it came out and to date have been using my Amex Plat for lounge access. With that benefit going away next year, I am looking to up my OnePass Plus card to PP and not renew the Amex. Can I keep the same MC card number? I just got through switching all of my autopay stuff when Amex made the big announcement about the breakup with CO.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Has anyone upgraded their OnePass Plus to Presidential Plus? Does CO/Chase offer any incentives to do so like DL does with their Amex cards? If so, I haven't received any. I got the OP Plus when it came out and to date have been using my Amex Plat for lounge access. With that benefit going away next year, I am looking to up my OnePass Plus card to PP and not renew the Amex. Can I keep the same MC card number? I just got through switching all of my autopay stuff when Amex made the big announcement about the breakup with CO.
I have tried to upgrade on a few occasions, however they did not offer any bonuses to upgrade. So I did not secondary cannot afford any more hard pulls
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:04 pm
RNE

Never let a good card get away.

RNE, channeling Master Po to say, "A willful man is not afraid of hard pulls, Grasshopper."
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Ok. I'm an AMEX guy but it looks like I'm going to have to switch since Amex's Membership Miles is parting their relationship with CO next September. Presently, I hold both a business AMEX card and a Personal AMEX card. The cards are linked so purchases on both cards credit to my Membership Miles account. Is this possible with a combination of CHase Cards such as a Presidential Plus Card for Business and a Continental Plus card?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by hughw
Ok. I'm an AMEX guy but it looks like I'm going to have to switch since Amex's Membership Miles is parting their relationship with CO next September. Presently, I hold both a business AMEX card and a Personal AMEX card. The cards are linked so purchases on both cards credit to my Membership Miles account. Is this possible with a combination of CHase Cards such as a Presidential Plus Card for Business and a Continental Plus card?
I don't have the business card so maybe who has both can give a more definitive answer, but the application process looks the same. Just log into your personal OnePass account and it should link the application to your OnePass account for earning/and benefits.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:40 am
RNE

Received

Originally Posted by RNE
Ditto. Waiting for 1k FEQM. There is a lag this cycle.
Statement closed 9/19. FEQMs received 9/25.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:04 pm

A little bitter aren't you?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:37 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by scottyhouston
A little bitter aren't you?
Bitter? Moi?! That's nonsensical, Jamie. How could I possibly be bitter when I am a Presidential Plus card carrying member?!

You know yourself this card is the most wonderful, stupendous, spectacular thing in Creation, the lifeblood and sweet air of monetary nirvana! The Presidential Plus card is the holy grail of financial salvation, the card of ages, a heaven sent gift to mankind without which all existence would be meaningless. It is the water beneath the waves, the sweet breeze of early fall, the glint on butterflies' wings. Bitterness is impossible when this credit card is sweetening the supple, leathery folds of one's wallet.

Not to mention it cures gout, dropsy and erectile dysfunction. All hail Jamie, conqueror of AMEX and a prince among CEOs! ^

RNE, hugging my Presidential Plus credit card to my bosom, and recalling my high school thespian transgender past to sing, "There's a bright golden haze on the meadow / There's a bright golden haze on the meadow / The corn is as high as an elephant's eye / And it looks like it's climbing right up to the sky / Oh what a beautiful morning / Oh what a beautiful day / I've got a beautiful feeling / Everything's going my way!"
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Bitter? Moi?! That's nonsensical, Jamie. How could I possibly be bitter when I am a Presidential Plus card carrying member?!

You know yourself this card is the most wonderful, stupendous, spectacular thing in Creation, the lifeblood and sweet air of monetary nirvana! The Presidential Plus card is the holy grail of financial salvation, the card of ages, a heaven sent gift to mankind without which all existence would be meaningless. It is the water beneath the waves, the sweet breeze of early fall, the glint on butterflies' wings. Bitterness is impossible when this credit card is sweetening the supple, leathery folds of one's wallet.

Not to mention it cures gout, dropsy and erectile dysfunction. All hail Jamie, conqueror of AMEX and a prince among CEOs! ^

RNE, hugging my Presidential Plus credit card to my bosom, and recalling my high school thespian transgender past to sing, "There's a bright golden haze on the meadow / There's a bright golden haze on the meadow / The corn is as high as an elephant's eye / And it looks like it's climbing right up to the sky / Oh what a beautiful morning / Oh what a beautiful day / I've got a beautiful feeling / Everything's going my way!"
It really sucks that I had to click on the link to open this post just because if I didn't, I won't be included in the notification of future posts. What a waste of time.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:36 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
It really sucks that I had to click on the link to open this post just because if I didn't, I won't be included in the notification of future posts. What a waste of time.
What's that mean in English?

While you're only thinking about yourself, think about me for a change! Think about how much time I wasted posting that self-absorbed, sarcastic drivel. In real life I am a brain surgeon. At this moment, I should be performing a brain transplant between a CIA agent and a goldfish. But am I? No, I'm replying to your witty, scathing—yet inanely obtuse—critique of my ridiculous prose and not too subtle accusatory undercurrent of my utter worthlessness as a human being. I am so ashamed.

RNE, saying, I am the reason the "ignore" option exists. Oddly, nobody ignores me. ^
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, saying, I am the reason the "ignore" option exists. Oddly, nobody ignores me. ^

STILL admired by the lurkers.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
What's that mean in English?

While you're only thinking about yourself, think about me for a change! Think about how much time I wasted posting that self-absorbed, sarcastic drivel. In real life I am a brain surgeon. At this moment, I should be performing a brain transplant between a CIA agent and a goldfish. But am I? No, I'm replying to your witty, scathing—yet inanely obtuse—critique of my ridiculous prose and not too subtle accusatory undercurrent of my utter worthlessness as a human being. I am so ashamed.

RNE, you make me proud to have been born and raised in the Rubber City.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:10 pm

I finally got an email the other day from CO about the Presidential Plus card with no annual fee for the first year. I'm sure this has been covered in this thread but since it's 28 pages long I'll ask it again. If I apply for the card, how soon would I be able to use the presidential clubs?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Also a bit of a delay in FEQM posting for me. Statement close is 25th, miles for Pres Plus purchases came in on the 29th, but the FEQM associated with them still not yet in.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: UA,AF,BA
For another new look, you can try leaving card in jeans pocket and putting it through the washer/dryer. Gives it a cool 3D look. Somewhat surprisingly it is still getting accepted by card machines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.