Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What constitutes a major schedule change?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by NZZO
Unfortunately I was overly optimistic and probably naïve when I thought that my refund issue was resolved back in May. I have been exchanging correspondence with CO since then culminating in the email below (received yesterday - 2 months down the track).
Customer Refund Services has received your request for refund of the above referenced ticket.
This is a highly restricted travel agency fare. All refund claims must be directed through the contracted agency. Please contact the travel agency where you purchased the ticket to claim any refund due.
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Sincerely,
Customer Refund Services
This certainly does not satisfy me and is not in keeping with what I have been told thus far. Basically everyone I have spoken to and/or corresponded with has said a refund would be forthcoming – it was just taking a while to process as it was an offshore purchase and needed to be actioned in Guam. The fact I booked through Expedia was dismissed as not important by the initial agent who accepted the claim.

I have continually pointed out to CO that:
• The original telephone agent in the Refunds Department unequivocally accepted that a refund was warranted due to a flight cancellation/schedule change that made the travel I had booked unusable. She then proceeded to cancel my booking (my first mistake after using Expedia).
• I only authorised the cancellation of the reservation on the basis that a refund would be forthcoming.
• I do not wish to reopen this booking as based on the fact that CO cancelled my reservation, and said a refund would be forthcoming, I have booked alternative travel (probably my second mistake – a UA codeshare on CO metal).
• Various other correspondence with CO representatives indicates that multiple agents consider a refund is warranted in my circumstances.
• From my perspective as soon as the reservation was cancelled by Continental’s agent Continental had accepted the validity of my claim and a refund is therefore now due. As such, I do not expect to continually have to re-litigate this matter and enter into any further discussion regarding whether a refund is due or not.

I have reluctantly said that if it is the only way to resolve this I will accept the refund as a credit to use for future travel on CO although I do not believe that I should have to accept anything other than a refund to my credit card as this all results from a flight cancellation.

I’m at a loss regarding what I can do next except keep trying to talk/correspond directly with a supervisor or manager. Luckily I did find a very helpful frontline agent who has replied to every email I have sent and has been very helpful, although she is not in a position to sign off on this.

My initially very positive view of CO is fast deteriorating.

Originally Posted by Bonehead
I think that if you have a legitimate case, the airline will do the right thing. That's what keeps me flying CO.

Joking aside, I think the fact that it's an Expedia-issued ticket is what's holding it up. I'm sure there's documentation in there that a refund was authorized. Maybe now working with Expedia and asking them to follow-up on it would be useful?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWE
CO have done the right thing

CO have come through and the full refund appeared on my credit card this morning. My faith is restored and I appreciate the opinions and advice offered above.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Plat
Talking

Originally Posted by channa
I think they did right by you. They've done right by me at times, they've also left me hanging at times.

I got a nice one for you that I'll only tell FTers over a beer. It involves CO refusing to reroute a connecting point and what happened as a result. And if we meet in the RCC, drink chits are on me.
I'm sitting at the ORD C-18 RCC I'd love to hear it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.