Wiki Posts
Search

Blame Game: CO vs LX - OnePass: I Lose

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Think of all the people in the world tonight that wont be eating, and your upset about this??? Reality check
Wow, maybe I'll just decline a meal on my next flight and ask the FA to send it to someone somewhere in the world that wouldn't otherwise be eating tonight.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:39 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FragranceMarketingGuy
Two minutes later call back again, new Elite agent sees the flight segments, grabs them, a little delay recalculating taxes and new confirmation is issued.
Boarding passes are in hand.
When you get back, please let us know if this 'final solution' actually worked out for you, and if any new bugs popped up.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:57 am
Suspended

I dont get it LXs intra European flights are 3x 3 whether in C or Y, OK its apx an extra 2" of leg room in C over Y but for a 2 1/2 max flight I wouldnt have gone Ape as the OP did. Maybe if it was a longer flight.

Many times Ive flown FC or Biz to Europe and then connected to aflight where all that was available was Y. Its all pretty much theh same over there unlike over here where its say 2x2 in Biz or FC

OP did you ever get the "One Pass eTicket Itinerary and Receipt Confirmation " from CO or only saw the reservation confirmation that they made. Ive gotten the 2nd one a few times and thought I was set, but unless you get that 1st type of confirmation then you arent tkted! but its more like a request for the seats
Old May 21, 2010, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Confirmation in hand.
Seat assignments verified by LX.

Craz, Not going 'Craz'(y) over the intra-European flight -- annoyed that I was confirmed and ticketed. Flight segments are dropped and CO/LX will not reinstate them, thus a five hour layover in ZRH is now incurred. Additionally we had our seats together (I know seat assignments are not guaranteed), but now LX cries airport check-in for seats.

Originally Posted by craz
I dont get it LXs intra European flights are 3x 3 whether in C or Y, OK its apx an extra 2" of leg room in C over Y but for a 2 1/2 max flight I wouldnt have gone Ape as the OP did. Maybe if it was a longer flight.

Many times Ive flown FC or Biz to Europe and then connected to aflight where all that was available was Y. Its all pretty much theh same over there unlike over here where its say 2x2 in Biz or FC

OP did you ever get the "One Pass eTicket Itinerary and Receipt Confirmation " from CO or only saw the reservation confirmation that they made. Ive gotten the 2nd one a few times and thought I was set, but unless you get that 1st type of confirmation then you arent tkted! but its more like a request for the seats
Old May 21, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM, US CP
Originally Posted by craz

Oh I didn't realize that the OP was just angry about not getting the C seats on the intra-Europe flight. Yes its annoying, but intra-Europe C is not worth getting stressed out about or waiting 5 hours. Also, I have never seen a full intra-Europe C cabin on the times when I have flown it (and yes I understand that the middle seats are kept empty) so you probably would have had no problem getting yourself in there at the airport. Granted I think it will also be fun to compare the LH experience the the LX one, so you didn't lose anything.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chasgoose
Oh I didn't realize that the OP was just angry about not getting the C seats on the intra-Europe flight. Yes its annoying, but intra-Europe C is not worth getting stressed out about or waiting 5 hours. Also, I have never seen a full intra-Europe C cabin on the times when I have flown it (and yes I understand that the middle seats are kept empty) so you probably would have had no problem getting yourself in there at the airport. Granted I think it will also be fun to compare the LH experience the the LX one, so you didn't lose anything.
sorry if I gave U the wrong impression but the OP was not just ticked about the ZRH-ATH flight , it seems their LX flight from the US to ZRH was CXed also but they were able get that part back, but if they wanted to fly in C from ZRH-ATH they had to indure a 5 hr wait, or fly on an earlier flight but in Y.

The OP wanted C so accepted a 5 hr layover and was ticked LX wouldnt give them C on their original flight. I would have gone with Y as C in Europe isnt anything to talk about

Now it seems they were able to get LH in FC & C to ATH but the FRA-ATH in C will also not be anything big, but if it means no 5 hr layover and better timing for the deaparting flight out of JFK seems they ended up in better shape that LX CXed the flights they were booked on out from under them
Old May 22, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
If they are denied boarding, they are entitled to compensation and rebooking.
If you don't have a valid reservation, I don't see how they would be denying you boarding.
Old May 23, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by transportbiz
Seriously you expect ethical or even customer aware treatment from the company that had no trouble shutting down one day, wiping out its customers frequently flyer accounts, its employees pensions, and all its legal and financial obligations...only to start anew the next day as: "Swiss International Airlines"
That is not what happened.

SR, SwissAir, did go bankrupt. They had no choice. They ran out of money. The owners of SwissAir could not pay the bills. They had to shut down and disolve.

LX, CrossAir, a regional affiliate of SR owned and managed by different people than SR, was able to get financing to quickly expand and buy many of SRs planes/assets when SR disolved.

LX, CrossAir, later changed their name to Swiss International Airlines. Today's LX is a very different company than SR of old. Different ownership, different management, different employees.

Please tell me why LX (CrossAir) should not have been allowed to take over a failed SR?
Old May 23, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Thats scary you would get so upset about a little messup in your reservation..Think of all the people in the world tonight that wont be eating,and your upset about this??? Reality check
Are you serious? One could say that about any problem in life
Old May 28, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by transportbiz
Seriously you expect ethical or even customer aware treatment from the company that had no trouble shutting down one day, wiping out its customers frequently flyer accounts,.......only to start anew the next day as: "Swiss International Airlines"
I take it you did not have any FF miles earned from Swiss. Your statement is 100% incorrect. "Customers frequently flyer accounts" were not wiped out. On the contrary, miles were preserved.

Swiss was part of the Qualiflyer program, a joint independent FF program shared by a few separate airlines. Qualiflyer was a separate entity from Swiss, with its own assets and not part of any airline. When SR (Swissair) and Sabena both went bankrupt shortly after the Sept 11th terrorists attacks in the USA, Qualiflyer miles lost two of the primary airlines members could earn and redeem on. When LX grew to replace SR and SN Brussels Airlines formed replacing Sabena, each Qualiflyer member airline started their own individual FF program and Qualiflyer members were given a choice which airline they would prefer their Qualiflyer miles transferred to 1:1. (I chose SN, as the SN program had a better redemption chart for my needs than LX) Qualiflyer miles were preserved becase the joint loyalty programs assets were separate from the brankrupt participating airlines.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Just Returned

Awesome Trip! For three weeks we had great weather in the Greek Islands, Istanbul, Turkey, Paris and the coup de grace was a perfect hiking trip in the Swiss Alps (Grindelwald).

Love the ANA Tool -- I found a LH F flight out of JFK/FRA/ATH (ATH in C) with a 2.0 hour connection in FRA -- better connection than the 5.0 connection in ZRH. The JFK/FRA was great -- love the HON lounge at JFK and was able to have dinner prior to the flight (optimize on sleep). Get to FRA OT and head to the HON lounge for some lunch. Another fantastic lounge. After lunch, head to the ATH gate and the agent is desperately seeking volunteers -- offering 400 Euros per seat, plus 30 Euros in meal/shopping vouchers. I confirm it's cash and she needs two seats and she'll put us on a flight to MUC and connect onward to ATH (on A3 -- Aegean). We seized the opportunity, received our FIMs, cashed in our vouchers, go shopping for the dog sitter (utilizing the meal vouchers, ironically some of the stores in FRA would honor these) and head back to the HON lounge.

Flight to MUC is slightly delayed but not terribly, make it to the A3 gate and board. There's a slight delay over a baggage discrepancy, OK, even with the delay from FRA and the new minor delay our bags would definitely make it.

Door closes, the flight was very nice to ATH. Go to baggage claim. The baggage discrepancy was over our bags -- they never made it. Found out from the CSA at A3 -- they're still in MUC. We filed a claim; A3 gave us each 50 Euros and we're on our way with no luggage.

Long story short -- we netted 900 Euros for a two hour delay; baggage arrived 30 minutes prior to the departure of our cruise (yes, a little stressful), and we walked around ATH in our LH Pajama Tops before the luggage arrived.

Decided to opt on the early LX departure out of ZRH/JFK on the 343 versus the late departure on the new 333. Slightly disappointed by the SO wanted to get home. Service was fantastic, even though F looked a tad bit worn. Bed was comfortable, food delicious, service pleasant and attentive.

Now, I'm spoiled.

Have a good weekend.

-Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.