Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Fly SAS Collect CO One Pass Miles For Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 10:37 am
Original Poster

We are flying on SAS, EWR-CPH roundtrip in June. This is a once in a lifetime trip on SAS, probably won't fly them again. I put my CO One Pass Number on my Orbitz reservation. I am on the list for an optiontown upgrade from Economy to Economy Plus. Is there anything else we have to do to get CO One Pass miles credit instead of EuroBonus. We do have EuroBonus Basic numbers..
Old May 15, 2010, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just make sure that your OnePass number shows on the BP when you go to board. If so then the points should credit to CO.

What is the fare class of your ticket? Is it one that earns miles on the OnePass program? http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...spx?ItemId=317
Old May 15, 2010, 11:30 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Shoes99
We are flying on SAS, EWR-CPH roundtrip in June.
I'm envious. Northern Europe is a gaping lapse in my 40-country-so-far world conquest. But I digress.

When using an agent (e.g. Orbitz) to book travel, always, always, always (did I say always?) contact the entities involved (e.g. SAS) to confirm your booking and each and every pertinent detail (e.g. your OnePass number).
Old May 15, 2010, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RNE
I'm envious. Northern Europe is a gaping lapse in my 40-country-so-far world conquest. But I digress.

When using an agent (e.g. Orbitz) to book travel, always, always, always (did I say always?) contact the entities involved (e.g. SAS) to confirm your booking and each and every pertinent detail (e.g. your OnePass number).
I already called once. Will try again as the trip gets closer. I am also registered with Optiontown and they also have the same details of my trip as Orbitz. I can't tell what fare class I have other than economy with seat assignments in row 25.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:13 pm
RNE

I can't tell what fare class I have other than economy with seat assignments in row 25.
SAS can tell you.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RNE
SAS can tell you.
I just called, I have class L, discount economy class. So I get 25% base miles if I use my CO One Pass Number. If I use my EBB number and don't fly SAS again, what can I do with the SAS miles?

Eligible SAS Fare Classes OnePass Elite Qualification
Class of Service Purchased Fare Class Base Miles* Elite Qualification Miles Elite Qualification Points
Business Class A, C, D+, J+ 125% 150% 1.5
Discounted Business Class Z 100% 150% 1.5
Full Fare Economy Class Y, S, B 100% 150% 1.5
Economy Class E, M, H, Q, V 100% 100% 1
Discount Economy Class W, U, G, K, L, T, O 25%** 25% 0
All other fare classes do not accrue mileage. Continental Airlines and SAS reserve the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:20 pm

SAS at EWR sell upgrades for cash at the ticket counter in case the optiontown doesn´t clear. Search the SAS forum for details. Their C-class is pretty good, especially if you want to sleep on the east bound.
Cash-upgrades are not available on the way back from CPH or ARN.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
SAS at EWR sell upgrades for cash at the ticket counter in case the optiontown doesn´t clear. Search the SAS forum for details. Their C-class is pretty good, especially if you want to sleep on the east bound.
Cash-upgrades are not available on the way back from CPH or ARN.
Thank you...hoping OPT comes thru for us at least East bound. I dread the 8 hour flight from Newark NJ to Copenhagen.
Old May 16, 2010, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
While it may be uncharted territory for CO earnings, I believe the Optiontown-upgraded flights seem to get the mileage for the upgraded cabin with SAS (i.e. upgrade from coach to Economy Plus and you get the Economy Plus earnings). There is some discussion of this on the SAS board.

So, keep your fingers crossed that this might earn better mileage.

Economy Plus on SAS is pretty decent, so here's hoping you get the upgrade. If Optiontown falls through, ask at check-in about a buy-up. You can't buy-up out of CPH, but I believe you can still do it out of EWR. Enjoy your time in Scandinavia.

One final thing to bear in mind is that SAS still doesn't have a way to input a CO number when checking in online. Would be nice if they could sort that out before one or the other switches alliances again...
Old May 17, 2010, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbarnette
While it may be uncharted territory for CO earnings, I believe the Optiontown-upgraded flights seem to get the mileage for the upgraded cabin with SAS (i.e. upgrade from coach to Economy Plus and you get the Economy Plus earnings). There is some discussion of this on the SAS board.

So, keep your fingers crossed that this might earn better mileage.

Economy Plus on SAS is pretty decent, so here's hoping you get the upgrade. If Optiontown falls through, ask at check-in about a buy-up. You can't buy-up out of CPH, but I believe you can still do it out of EWR. Enjoy your time in Scandinavia.

One final thing to bear in mind is that SAS still doesn't have a way to input a CO number when checking in online. Would be nice if they could sort that out before one or the other switches alliances again...
thanks, so do I keep my CO one pass number on the reservation, or do I change it back to my SAS EBB number.
We are really looking forward to this once in a lifetime trip.
Old May 17, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
That's the problem with *A you have to watch those booking classes on partner airlines. Some give no credit at all, and others like this one only give 25-50% credit. No point in doing SAS credit, if you'll never fly them again, the miles will expire before you can use them.

I wish that it was possible to book different fare classes online on the partners, like you can at CO.com. But, I've never found a way to do it on most of them, you have to pay the agent assistanted booking fee just to get a ticket that gives you full credit.

Last edited by transportbiz; May 17, 2010 at 9:06 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 17, 2010, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by transportbiz
That's the problem with *A you have to watch those booking classes on partner airlines. Some give no credit at all, and others like this on only give 25-50% credit.
It is not a limitation or quirk of *A. OneWorld and SkyTeam have similar issues.
Old May 17, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by sbm12
It is not a limitation or quirk of *A. OneWorld and SkyTeam have similar issues.
As far as I can tell on Delta's web site, you get full credit on most SkyTeam airlines on even discounted economy fares. There are class exclusions, some of which I recognize as reward ticket codes, but others do look like they could be purchase code buckets too, and there's just a blank space there...no saying 0% but not saying anything else either. Delta can be pretty deceptive at times. But, when I was with DL, there was never a concern about credit on ST partners (though that could have changed with the "best of both worlds" merger, which we are about to see all over again ala UA/CO. Only China Southern seems to drop to 40% on the discount fares.

Last edited by transportbiz; May 17, 2010 at 9:13 pm Reason: Added additional information about DL buggy site.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
thanks, so do I keep my CO one pass number on the reservation, or do I change it back to my SAS EBB number.
We are really looking forward to this once in a lifetime trip.
I don't think there is any reason to keep your EBB number in there. You can even use EBB points to upgrade a flight and still earn in your CO account, so I would just use your CO number.

Originally Posted by sbm12
True, though there are more partial fares in *A and OW than in the more generous SkyTeam programs. Additionally, I would note that SkyTeam Elite bonuses are earned across the alliance, while elite bonuses vary by airline within *A and OW.

Originally Posted by transportbiz
As far as I can tell on Delta's web site, you get full credit on most SkyTeam airlines on even discounted economy fares. There are class exclusions, some of which I recognize as reward ticket codes, but others do look like they could be purchase code buckets too, and there's just a blank space there...no saying 0% but not saying anything else either. Delta can be pretty deceptive at times. But, when I was with DL, there was never a concern about credit on ST partners (though that could have changed with the "best of both worlds" merger, which we are about to see all over again ala UA/CO. Only China Southern seems to drop to 40% on the discount fares.
There are a couple of non-earning fares with AF (L & N, notably) and a couple of non-earning KL fares (V, most notably). These were also excluded from earning CO miles when they were in SkyTeam, as well.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

bump, we fly out in 12 days, still kept the CO One Pass Number on my SAS record, now waiting for Optiontown upgrades from Economy to Economy Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.