Search

Which PC's Will Close/Consolidate?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by belynch
I think the LGA PClub is smaller. @:-)

The SFO club, I believe, is smaller than FLL on a sq. foot basis too. It's certainly darker.
FLL is a small but nice club, I am not sure LGA is smaller, but it is darker and older for sure. It is the only place I know that the bathrooms are in the coat closet, which is also a phone booth.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Plenty of time spent in FLL vs. zero at the other two. Note to self: use a different lounge in SFO.
?? SFO lounge is a perfectly friendly place, has a great staff.

I spent entirely too long there one time working. About 6 hours.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I think the LGA PClub is smaller. @:-)

The SFO club, I believe, is smaller than FLL on a sq. foot basis too. It's certainly darker.
When they close all the EWR clubs, passengers will be bussed between the LGA PClub (UA/CO's new flagship lounge in Nueva York) and EWR. P.S. First passengers from JFK will receive private burro transfers down a dedicated lane of the Van Wyck.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Note to self: use a different lounge in SFO.
The SFO lounge is great for me. Size doesn't equal quality.

Originally Posted by CJ1120
On the same thread, I wonder what the new RCC/PC will be called.
Discussed up-thread. Red Presidents Club. :-:
Old May 4, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
will be bussed

ConUniHound
. Just wait till the UA folks get word of CO's industry leading bus service. :-::-:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw CO/UA execs at HPN in discussion to convert part of that flughafen into the flagship NYC area lounge.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The SFO lounge is great for me. Size doesn't equal quality.
That's what she said.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:57 am

Red Presidents Club. :-:
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think of Chairman Mao and not Reagan and the Bushes when I see this name.

ConUniHound
. Just wait till the UA folks get word of CO's industry leading bus service. :-::-:
I can only imagine the uproar when the globe on the tail is replaced by an overgrown whippet.

I would think one of the DFW clubs will close -- whichever one is not in the terminal that ConUniHound will use.
Old May 4, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Phudnik
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think of Chairman Mao and not Reagan and the Bushes when I see this name.
You get out of my head, sir. Either Mao or Stalin.
Old May 4, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Well, in seriousness....

SFO PC will close, United flights to IAH/CLE/EWR will be able to squeeze in the space that they have now...

Not sure what will happen in BOS, they may or may not have the space in C to accomodate CO again (A->C->A->C). They'd probably prefer to stay in A but there likely isn't space...

LAX club will stay, that entire pier is CO/UA.

SEA PC will close
Old May 4, 2010, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Oh yeah and as for EWR, I expect that United will keep the RCC and gates in the A1 concourse since they have a tendancy to want to keep out as much competition as possible in EWR.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by entropy
LAX club will stay, that entire pier is CO/UA.
I'm a bit worried about this one actually. I can well see UA (powered by CO) deciding there is no need for club presence in Terminal 6, and directing everyone to the RCC or IFL in T7. It's a hell of a walk!
Old May 4, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
I'm a bit worried about this one actually. I can well see UA (powered by CO) deciding there is no need for club presence in Terminal 6, and directing everyone to the RCC or IFL in T7. It's a hell of a walk!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. With CO's LatAm service (and marketing), LAX is probably a hub slated for growth, so they'd want to hang onto that T6 club.

I believe UA has the master lease on some of the T6 gates they're subleasing to other carriers.

SFO PC is most definitely toast. Question is whether they'll open a new club in the T3 AA AC space if they get that pier.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phudnik
I would think one of the DFW clubs will close -- whichever one is not in the terminal that ConUniHound will use.
UA already closed theirs.
Originally Posted by Steph3n
FLL is a small but nice club, I am not sure LGA is smaller, but it is darker and older for sure.
Agreed. I believe LGA has more square feet, but it isn't nearly as nice as FLL, even when FLL is full.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
As discussed - DCA is likely to go or be consolidated with UA. If CO could swap with AA - then AA could take over the PC, and then UA could expand existing club where AA club is now located.

But that assumes that AA will move. I think it depends on what US plans are. If they stay *A, then makes sense for US/UA/CO to be located in the two piers with both a US club and a UA RCC - different security.

But say US teamed with AA then UA would need to move over by CO.

When you look at the PC list - CO doesn't really have that many clubs - outside of hubs. Still would like to see the BWI RCC reopen.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
US is a :-:A member thru almost the end of 2014 unless another round of consolidation happens. Didn't Dougie ask for and get a 5-year extension because of CO joining?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.