Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

copa airlines 25% EQM bonus anyone hear of this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

I ripped the page from the inflight magazine on CM701 PTY-GRU

This is the translation:

Earn Elite Status Faster Buying Direct at Copaair.com

Receive 25% additional bonus on EQMs when you purchase from copaair.com for flights completed before Dec 31 2010.

Receive up to 2000 miles that you can use to obtain award tickets

To learn more about Elite benefits, visit www.onepass.com

Fine Print:
EQMs can not be used to redeem award tickets. Offer valid to Onepass members who purchase via www.copaair.com between March 1, 2010 and Dec 31, 2010. Your onepass number must be included in your reservation. This offer is valid only for flights operated on Copa Airlines. Classes of service valid for the promotion C,D,Y,H,K,N,B,V,U,Q,I,S,T,L,O, and A. Miles are non-transferable. EQM bonus will be credited 4-6 weeks after your flight. All terms and conditions from onepass program apply.

So, does this mean that if I book a flex fare I get 175% EQMs plus 2k RDM?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
You would be correct, because the C,D,Y fares earn 150% and those fares are listed in the promotion.

Great find! I got a 25% EQM bonus for my March flights and didn´t know why. I was waiting to see what happened with my April flights before I wrote to see what happened. I don´t see this advertised under the Onepass News & Offers link on CO site.

3/11/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 290 0
3/11/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 364 0
3/16/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 364 0
3/16/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 290 0
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
bumped for awesomeness

4/13/2010 Copa Airlines 700K K / K 3,145 3,145 6,290 4,717 2
4/13/2010 Copa Airlines 302K K / K 3,044 3,044 6,088 4,566 2
4/13/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 1,195 0
4/13/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 1,156 0
4/7/2010 Copa Airlines 303K K / K 3,044 3,044 6,088 4,566 2
4/7/2010 Copa Airlines 701K K / K 3,145 3,145 6,290 4,717 2
4/7/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 1,156 0
4/7/2010 Copa 25% Elite Qualifying Mile Bonus 1,195 0
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: ::US,UA,CO+ currently non-rev Plat
Thumbs up 2,000 bonus miles + 25% EQM

http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/O...00-Millas.aspx

2,000 OnePass Miles are closer than ever
Receive 2,000 OnePass bonus miles when purchasing your tickets on copaair.com. There is no limit on the number of times you can receive this promotion.
25% Bonus Miles
Buy your ticket at copaair.com and receive 25% bonus miles to qualify for Elite status.
Incentive for a trip to PTY just went up. ^
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Oh super sweet! I am going JFK-PTY-EZE in May! I booked a flex fare on the outbound for extra EQMs. 25% on top of that is a pretty nice bonus I didn't know about! ^ It will def help me with getting to 100k EQMs for the SWUs!

Now I need to look into more copa trips, unless of course CO comes out with DEQMs this year...
Old May 3, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Was there a need to register?

Oddly, I get offers from COPA frequently and never saw this. Also, I flew 10,342 miles on COPA in B and K in March, purchased at COPA sales office in David, which would seem to meet the requirements, and got no such EQM bonus.

I guess the 2,587 EQM would be worth contacting COPA. But that is usually something of an exercise in frustration. I suppose I will wait until 6 full weeks have elapsed before doing so.

Also, am wondering how there can be EQM which are not also applicable to reward travel?

**Elite miles do not apply to reward travel, only for qualifying toward Elite. Offer valid for OnePass passengers who purchase their tickets via Copa Airlines' direct channels (copaair.com, Call Center, and Sales Offices) and who travel between March 1st and December 31st, 2010. Your OnePass number must be included on your reservation. This offer is valid only for flights operated by Copa Airlines. Service classes valid for this promotion are C, D, Y, H, K, N, B, V, U, Q, I, S, T, L, O, and A. Bonus miles are non-transferable. Your Elite bonus miles will be credited to your account 4 to 6 weeks after completing your travel. All OnePass Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but since this promotion is still valid, I thought I'd post this as an FYI:

I just got my 25% bonus EQMs posted, and they calculated the EQM's based of the base elite miles flown.

ex: On my ride down to EZE, my fare earned 150% EQM. The bonus miles were off the 150% number (and not just 25% off miles flown)

so with the bonus promotion, if you have a fare that gets 150% EQMs, you end up with 150% x 1.25 = or 187% EQMs for this deal. Not bad! ^
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by carvalh2
so with the bonus promotion, if you have a fare that gets 150% EQMs, you end up with 150% x 1.25 = or 187% EQMs for this deal. Not bad! ^
Bah! My CM H-class MR last month was booked on the Orb, so no joy for me. I can't even remember now why I did that instead of booking at CM.COM.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Bah! My CM H-class MR last month was booked on the Orb, so no joy for me. I can't even remember now why I did that instead of booking at CM.COM.
Because Orbitz was pricing the H fare to MEX at ~$220 a/i while cm.com was charging full price.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by sbm12
Because Orbitz was pricing the H fare to MEX at ~$220 a/i while cm.com was charging full price.
Ah, yes, you're right...exactly, I'd forgotten about that @:-)

And now, we'll have the same conditions (no bonus) for our CM legs on the CCS MRs booked via CO.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus, Sixt Plat
Does anyone know if the 25% bonus EQM promotion is still valid for 2013?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler.
Last year, they had an announcement that they wre continuing the 25% bonus during 2012 on their website.
I looked for it this year and couldn't find anything. Too bad, it was a nice run.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
the offer is still alive - just received an email from Copa:

By purchasing your flights through any of our direct channels* you can get to Premier status, maintain your current status or reach the next level. Now through December 31, 2013, you´ll earn 25% additional Premier qualifying miles every time you purchase and complete your travel.
Terms and Conditions
This promo is valid between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
*Web:copa.com; Call Center and Ticket Office (CTO).
Offer is valid for MileagePlus members who complete qualifying travel on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.Only flights purchased through Copa Airlines direct channels are eligible to earn the bonus (Web – copaair.com, Call Center and City Ticket Office - CTO).Offer valid for tickets purchased between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013, for travel complete between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013. On paid qualifying flights members can earn 25% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in C, D, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, V, U, S, W, E, L, T and N booking classes. The 25% bonus PQM is calculated against the actual flight miles of each segment flown during the promotion period. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQMs. MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation. PQMs cannot be redeemed for award travel.Offer is not valid on Copa Airlines marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers, with the exception of Copa Airlines Colombia operated by Aero República.Offer is not valid on government fares.Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after completion of qualifying activity.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: Recovering UA 1k, MillionMiler
I fly Copa from SJO-PTY on 3 Jan 2013, booked on the copaair.com website. The regular miles posted in 10 days. About 10 days later this 25% PQM bonus posted. Great! I didn't know it existed.

On the other hand, on 9 Jan 2013 I flew PTY-LAX on Copa metal booked through United.com. When I got to LAX Immigration had no record that I had been on the plane. After 14 days of these miles not posting I called the 1k line. About another 14 days, these miles finally posted.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler.
Originally Posted by ErikStratton
Last year, they had an announcement that they wre continuing the 25% bonus during 2012 on their website.
I looked for it this year and couldn't find anything. Too bad, it was a nice run.
I was wrong. Received 25% PQM bonus today for Copa flights on 7 & 20 Feb. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.