Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question about vegan special-meal in BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United

I have an upcoming trip IAH-CDG in BusinessFirst. While I am vegetarian, I am not a strict vegan, so in the past I have simply chosen the pasta dish while flying in BusinessFirst (and skipped the appetizers that had meat/fish, and sometimes had the vegan option from coach instead of the cheeseburger snack).

I have had the vegan option in coach and I found it to be quite good. But what I like about the BusinessFirst diner service is the fact that you get each course one after another, making time go by much faster.

However I could never get an answer from anyone at Continental about the vegan option in BusinessFirst. Is it served in courses or is it all at once on a tray like the Executive Meal Option? It also seems that FAs do not see this very often as the ones I did ask did not know.

If anyone knows would you please share with me?

Thank you for your help.

dC.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
There will be no special vegan appetizers. The only thing special that will be prepared will be the main course and possibly a dessert. they will offer you the same appetizers, soup or salad as the other business passengers.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
I have not done the IAH-CDG in BF.
however, I have done EWR-NRT-EWR in BF. Always order vegan meal.
In these flights, my meal has always had a salad as an appetizer and then, a different salad (as the salad!). Followed by the meal.
The salads were unique to me (I did not see others getting the same).
Once I got varieties of Indian food for the whole way (EWR-NRT). It was awesome, but this has never been repeated unfortunately.

This past month, I got half of a guacomole as the appetizer!! Thats it.
(of course it looked "cool" with all the leaves surrounding it).
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by snod08
I have not done the IAH-CDG in BF.
however, I have done EWR-NRT-EWR in BF. Always order vegan meal.
In these flights, my meal has always had a salad as an appetizer and then, a different salad (as the salad!). Followed by the meal.
The salads were unique to me (I did not see others getting the same).
Once I got varieties of Indian food for the whole way (EWR-NRT). It was awesome, but this has never been repeated unfortunately.

This past month, I got half of a guacomole as the appetizer!! Thats it.
(of course it looked "cool" with all the leaves surrounding it).
What is "half of a guacomole"? Do you mean "avocado"?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you to all for taking the time to answer my question. It seems that it can either be great or very plain, but most likely very plain.

I think that since I am not a strict-vegan, I will remove my special meal order and just have the pasta and any appetizer/breakfast that I can have, or skip them.

dC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.