Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

extending expiration of travel certificate - expires soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

We have 2 electronic travel certificates that expire on 2/25 for $110 each. These are credit from a flight that we rebooked and paid the change fee on already.

What is the best way to extend the expiration date? I've read about booking a flight and then canceling within 24 hours. Does this still work? Does it need to be refundable or nonrefundable?

Or do I need to book a refundable flight for a few months out and then cancel and I'll have a year after the date I cancel? I don't want to lose the credit but don't want to lay out the money for a refundable flight for a few months. Is there a way to search for inexpensive refundable flights?

Thanks for any help. I couldn't find a clear cut answer in my search.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Lifetime, United 1 Million Miler
check your PM

sent you info I had...

Originally Posted by kirstensmom
We have 2 electronic travel certificates that expire on 2/25 for $110 each. These are credit from a flight that we rebooked and paid the change fee on already.

What is the best way to extend the expiration date? I've read about booking a flight and then canceling within 24 hours. Does this still work? Does it need to be refundable or nonrefundable?

Or do I need to book a refundable flight for a few months out and then cancel and I'll have a year after the date I cancel? I don't want to lose the credit but don't want to lay out the money for a refundable flight for a few months. Is there a way to search for inexpensive refundable flights?

Thanks for any help. I couldn't find a clear cut answer in my search.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: CO Plat
I have the same problem. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.