Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Uh-Oh. Booked 1B for my transcon next week. I better get a pedicure.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler

So I just booked last minute travel to the west coast and the only seat left in F was 1B.

Everyone should be on the lookout for feet on the bulkhead. I repeat- be prepared for some heavy foot-on-bulkhead action. The FOB will most likely take place somewhere between Ohio and Montana.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:09 am

Someone call the National Guard!!!! We need the Foot Policia!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
So I just booked last minute travel to the west coast and the only seat left in F was 1B.

Everyone should be on the lookout for feet on the bulkhead. I repeat- be prepared for some heavy foot-on-bulkhead action. The FOB will most likely take place somewhere between Ohio and Montana.
Going sockless or just shoeless?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by CO 1E
Going sockless or just shoeless?
I've never flown sockless in my life. When the feet go up, there is a 90% chance they will be w/shoes on.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
I've never flown sockless in my life. When the feet go up, there is a 90% chance they will be w/shoes on.
Feet on the bulkhead is one of my biggest pet peeves....just grosses me out!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by BlondyFA
So how do you cope
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by carvalh2
So how do you cope
Hopefully by telling customers with their feet on the bulkhead to bring them back down on the floor where they belong.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Hopefully by telling customers with their feet on the bulkhead to bring them back down on the floor where they belong.
I think you need to MYOB and worry about your own self and stop trying to be a CO police.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by BlondyFA
Sucks for you then. Either deal with it or work somewhere else.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by EWRHKG
I think you need to MYOB and worry about your own self and stop trying to be a CO police.
I think people should consider that their fellow passengers might not appreciate their dirty shoes or crusty toes put on display in front of them during the flight.

My own self keeps my shoes on and feet firmly on the floor where they belong.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Please reference this rather protracted discussion:

Open letter to the idiot in 1E

in which the consensus is that the OP of this thread (and others who emulate his behavior) are rude, inconsiderate, and juvenile. No need to eventually reach the exact same conclusion all over again.

That thread has apparently set the OP off, who refuses to accept that sticking one's feet on the bulkhead offends a lot of flyers, and is nothing but barnyard behavior. He will not let this subject lie, which is flat-out immature and unfortunate.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz #1 Gold

I must confess, FOB is a guilty pleasure. I don't like it when others do it, but occasionally it feels really good.

So I try not to judge. At least not outwardly. But you'll all know, deep down inside, I think everyone else who engages in such behavior is just TRASHY!

LOL
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
I'm actually offended by people who put their feet on the floor. The floor is no place for feet. The rest of the travelling public needs to float slightly off the ground, like I do.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I promise not to smell funny, invade your space, or spill my drinks/food on you.

I make no promises about putting my feet on the bulkhead. As long as I'm not leaving any permanent marks or causing other damage, the area in front of the seat I paid for is fair game. It's not like anyone is eating any food off the vertical wall.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by Bonehead
.....in which the consensus is that the OP of this thread (and others who emulate his behavior) are rude, inconsiderate, and juvenile.
That may be the concensus you got.... I read the whole thing and got that most people didn't have enough spare time on their hands to care one way or the other.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.