Wiki Posts
Search

CO48 EWR-BOM trip questions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:13 am
Original Poster

CO48 EWR-BOM trip questions?

Hi,

We are on CO48 from EWR to BOM in a couple of weeks. We are travelling with 3 little kids, under 5 and wanted to make sure we had activities etc. planned out to ensure the kids stay happy and quiet :-)

Hope someone has experience with this route and can answer some questions.

1. What's the meal schedule like? The flight leaves at 8:20PM, would they serve a snack, then a meal a couple of hours later, the a snack 6 hrs in... etc? Just wondering on approximate timing/intervals.

2. Are the PTVs in Y still up and running. I heard there was talking of disabling the PTVs (GPS and all) after the Christmas incident last year. Don't care about the GPS but the usb outlet and TV/Games would be good.

Thanks !

Kevin
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Hi!

The PTVs will be on for your flight.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They serve dinner shortly after departure. Other meals later on in the flight.

On the IFE front, you'll have the AVOD system at your disposal; it is fully functional. I don't believe that CO has USB ports for charging; just regular 110V ports.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've done this route a few times in Y and BF.

Meal service is shortly after takeoff with a choice of either Non Veg(mostly chicken pasta) or Indian Veg.

Right after the meal - they hand out a snack bag having some candy, Indian Veg wrap, a granola bar and a bottle of water. Lights off and attendants 'may' come around for water a few times.

About 1.5 hrs before arrival - there is a breakfast (at 8 PM IST) - most probably an omlette with a mini croissant (not sure whats in the Indian veg option)

Its quite a boring flight in Y - hopefully loads are lighter now for off season.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guy.....

Acid - So I guess it's dinner, snacks,, then 10 hrs later or so breakfast.

That's good to know. Our kids are 5, 3 & 18 months. Have things for them to do and hopefully they'll sleep for a good 6-8 hrs or more. Wanted to plan snacks and so the "schedule" for the meals will definitely help. We've already ordered the choice of meals etc.

Spoke to a couple of CS folks at CO on the phone and didn't get any useful responses, varied from "There's no way to know that" to "Ask the FA once you board"... like that's going to help.

It's < 50% full with about 14 days to go, so hope it stays that way. Return flight first week of March is already 95% full.

Different topic here but does anyone know if stores at either of the Mumbai airports are open between 10pm and 3:00AM?

Thanks again!

Kevin
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes - 10 PM - 3 AM is the peak time for Bombay Airport.
Howerver - unless you are in transit or connecting to a domestic segment - you will have no access to the food court. The stores after customs are limited. Airport is under major construction - so I'm not sure if the few restaurants within walking distance of the Arrival exit are still operational.

Bombay stores/restaurants are open till quite late - so its best to get out of the airport if you arrive on time at 9.30 PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.