Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Storm Moving In Tues-Wed [9,10-Feb-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
It looks that the storm will start a little earlier than it was planned.
Today flying SFO-EWR (649) and not eve sure that it is going to make it. As it is already delayed by one hour and should be landing ~ 1 AM tomorrow while the snow starts ~ 10 PM today.
Update:
SFO-EWR 649 today cancelled (1 PM PT).
All flights to EWR for Feb 10th cancelled. Got a seat assigned on 649 for tomorrow. First flight available out of the SFO that is not cancelled yet.

Last edited by Awtas; Feb 9, 2010 at 3:03 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:22 pm

Likelihood of COEXP flight from Montreal getting cancelled

I am supposed to fly YUL-EWR this evening on the 7.30pm flight.

Here is the current status:

* The 3pm flight left on schedule
* The 5pm flight is cancelled
* The 7.30pm flight is on schedule (my flight)
* All flights tomorrow (Feb 10) are cancelled

What am I supposed to make of it? Did they just "forget" to cancel the 7.30pm flight?

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
My flight tomorrow to EWR and BOM are cancelled. Didn't get an email alert from CO though. Interestingly, got the email from TripIt.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
CO EWR flights suspended tomorrow

According to this report:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/0209..._tomorrow.html

Didn't see anything on CO.com yet!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
CO1077 IAH-PHL is canceled tomorrow. Would assume other PHL related cancelations.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:44 pm

buckle up, everyone... it's going to be a bumpy ride... uh. make that NO
ride......at least until after Wednesday's storm!

DUE TO BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ANTICIPATED ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010, THE FOLLOWING STATIONS WILL EXPERIENCE SERVICE DISRUPTIONS:

NEW YORK-LAGUARDIA: Suspension of all service beginning at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, February 10th with anticipated resumption on Thursday morning.

NEWARK-LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL:
Operations will be suspended all day Wednesday with the exception of the following flight arrivals: Continental 83 New Delhi to Newark, Continental 91 Tel Aviv to Newark and Continental 49 Mumbai to Newark.

PHILADELPHIA: Suspension of operations until Wednesday evening, February 10th.

PITTSBURGH and WASHINGTON DC METRO AIRPORTS (Baltimore, Dulles and Reagan National Airports): Suspension of all service on Wednesday, February 10th with resumption of service anticipated at 1100EST, Thursday, February 11th.

PROVIDENCE: Possible cancellation of regional carrier service Wednesday afternoon.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tanlines

NEWARK-LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL:
Operations will be suspended all day Wednesday with the exception of the following flight arrivals: Continental 83 New Delhi to Newark, Continental 91 Tel Aviv to Newark and Continental 49 Mumbai to Newark.
I'm at EWR now, and it looks like CO 90 to TLV (the flight I am on) is still showing on schedule. The snow has not started yet, but I presume that they will need the aircraft in TLV because tomorrow night's flight will not be going.

The only cancellations which I am seeing on the board for tonight are the flights going to the DC area.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I am so glad I changed my flt for tomorrow from MIA-EWR to today's flight.
Lost my F upgrade but at least I'll be home b 4 the snow...Hopefully

Cheers
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
As I mentioned above. Today 649 got canceled. called WECARE line, they said that all they can do is to put me on either CO or CO code share flight.
Other *A flights are not the option (meaning they cannot do that). I asked to confirm if they cannot put me on another *A flight and they confirmed that this statement is correct, only CO or CO code shares.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by SS255
I'm at EWR now, and it looks like CO 90 to TLV (the flight I am on) is still showing on schedule.
Glad you made it. Have a safe trip and enjoy TLV. :-:
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
This will be interesting to see if I can make it to the airport for 6:45 AM flight on Thursday. Other flights that day are cancelled or completely booked up.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
What happens (and it has happened) if the storm path changes. Looks like just about everything in EWR is cancelled tomorrow. All the airplanes and crews are out of position
to back off the cancellations.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
What happens (and it has happened) if the storm path changes. Looks like just about everything in EWR is cancelled tomorrow. All the airplanes and crews are out of position
to back off the cancellations.
Thing thing is too big and seems to only be growing in size.

On the bright side, the aircraft I'm supposed to be on Thursday is scheduled to land at EWR in a few minutes and staying put for the next 36 hours.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by Awtas
As I mentioned above. Today 649 got canceled. called WECARE line, they said that all they can do is to put me on either CO or CO code share flight.
Other *A flights are not the option (meaning they cannot do that). I asked to confirm if they cannot put me on another *A flight and they confirmed that this statement is correct, only CO or CO code shares.
WE-CARE is not the proper conduit for rebooking (and thus are basically clueless) - reservations and the airport staff are.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
WE-CARE is not the proper conduit for rebooking (and thus are basically clueless) - reservations and the airport staff are.
WE CARE doesn't exist anymore, atleast via a phone call. If you are dialing that number you will be transferred to reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.