Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Card - When will I receive one?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
OnePass Card - When will I receive one?

Hi Folks,

Since some months I'm now an OnePass Member. I have also already accumulated Miles to my account. However I never received my OnePass Member Card. I contacted OnePass and I was told that since my enrollment was processed online I was given the opportunity to print a OnePass card; therefore, cards are not automatically sent. I also was told that I may print my OnePass card online.

Is this true? Will I never receive a real OnePass Card?
Thank for your feedback and best regards,

Atlantico
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Hi Folks,

Since some months I'm now an OnePass Member. I have also already accumulated Miles to my account. However I never received my OnePass Member Card. I contacted OnePass and I was told that since my enrollment was processed online I was given the opportunity to print a OnePass card; therefore, cards are not automatically sent. I also was told that I may print my OnePass card online.

Is this true? Will I never receive a real OnePass Card?
Thank for your feedback and best regards,

Atlantico
you are not alone. Has anybody received the 2010 Elite membership pack/card yet?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else
Not I.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:19 am

Programs: UA, DL, AC25k
Nope.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mith
you are not alone. Has anybody received the 2010 Elite membership pack/card yet?
No, but that's not what the OP is talking about.

OnePass has apparently decided not to ever send out real cards to anyone who isn't elite. I'm not so sure this is a bad decision.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
No, but that's not what the OP is talking about.

OnePass has apparently decided not to ever send out real cards to anyone who isn't elite. I'm not so sure this is a bad decision.
OnePass hasn't sent out physical cards to non-elites for a long time- what's the point? It would only serve to hold your a/c number, since you don't have any benefits as non-elite...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:19 am

Actually you do not even need that shiny card even when you have elit status. Only the number.

(I do not remember ever having problem to get the status level services without the plastic - with many different airlines. In the age of computer, a number is more than enough.)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Gold
So here's a relevant lounge access question for this thread. I'm leaving on vacation to Thailand on February 21st and returning on March 4th. I am *G and have qualified again for *F for 2010. Is it possible to still get lounge access in BKK with *G if I haven't received by new card before leaving for my trip (since the old card expires at the end of February)?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by pirossalma
Actually you do not even need that shiny card even when you have elit status. Only the number.

(I do not remember ever having problem to get the status level services without the plastic - with many different airlines. In the age of computer, a number is more than enough.)
You must not have tried to get past a Lufthansa lounge dragon. Not easy without a card.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:37 am

I happened to call yesterday and was told that they would start mailing them out in mid-February.

I made Gold at the end of 2009 and never got my card. I traveled earlier in January and was told that I needed the actual card to get into Presidents Club lounges (for international travel), but each time they said they'd let me in this time (like they were doing me a favor). I had the printout with me but was told the problem with that was that it didn't contain an expiration date.

This is nuts -- if having the physical card is so important they should send it promptly. Otherwise, they should quit complaining when people don't have them.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
You must not have tried to get past a Lufthansa lounge dragon. Not easy without a card.
WOW! Thanks for the warning. I am just leaving to Europe - with Lufthansa, an airline I have never before used. Maybe I should pack my Gold *A card. Have three hours in Frankfurt - though I do not really planned to use any lounge.

My decades long experiences with UA, AA, BA and plenty of Asian arilines. Nobody ever asked for the plastic. Only the number. Maybe because I look like a nice helpless old lady on the surface?

I moved a lot, and the cards tended to arrive always to the wrong address.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:52 pm

Even with 3 hours I'd visit the Lufthansa Lounges and prepare to be amazed on how better it is over North American Airlines =)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:39 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Even with 3 hours I'd visit the Lufthansa Lounges and prepare to be amazed on how better it is over North American Airlines =)
North American Airlines stopped flying almost two years ago.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH, MR
Originally Posted by sidsub
I happened to call yesterday and was told that they would start mailing them out in mid-February.

I made Gold at the end of 2009 and never got my card. I traveled earlier in January and was told that I needed the actual card to get into Presidents Club lounges (for international travel), but each time they said they'd let me in this time (like they were doing me a favor). I had the printout with me but was told the problem with that was that it didn't contain an expiration date.

This is nuts -- if having the physical card is so important they should send it promptly. Otherwise, they should quit complaining when people don't have them.
At least for PC membership status, a PC can generate a printout showing status and expiration date. I needed this since with CO switching to *A, I no longer had access to PCs and partner lounges using my AMEX Plat (accepted at DL and NW but not UA and US clubs) so I joined the PC. Was told that card would take a few weeks, but needed some sort of proof for access to RCC and US lounges as I was flying them vey soon. Don't see why they could not generate the same printout for Elite status . . .
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:00 am

Anyone gotten the 2010 cards yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.