Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has the gas station at IAH reopened?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Has the gas station at IAH reopened?

Last time I was there it was closed and I had to pay a massive refueling bill at Avis. Just wondering if I should refuel somewhere else on the way there.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:41 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
There are several gas stations on the "connector" roads to IAH coming both from BW8 and US-59. If you take the Hardy toll road connector, that is the only way I can think you wouldn't pass a gas station before the rental car lot.

Which direction are you coming from and which station where you refering to exactly?

Ciao,
FH
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I always take the same route and forgot that there are probably others. I come in from BW8 on JFK Blvd.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Best price gas station near IAH is the Exxon on FM1960 & Lee Rd, IMO.

Always 10-15 cents lower than Shell at JFK & Greens Rd.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sapman986
Sorry, I always take the same route and forgot that there are probably others. I come in from BW8 on JFK Blvd.
You can wrap around to 59N and take Will Clayton in...an extra 10 minutes, but multiple gas stations.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Slightly off topic, but I wanted to mention that if you are returning to Avis at IAH, they appear to be enforcing the "< 75 miles = automatic $15 refuel fee" rule, unless you bring a receipt from a nearby gas station. Avis has had this rule for more than a year, but I had it enforced for the first time recently at IAH. Spent 10 minutes arguing with the manager to get the fee taken off (even with the needle pinned above "F") when I didn't print a receipt at the pump.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
The Shell on Will Clayton - coming from 59 - is usually several cents cheaper than either of the stations on JFK & Greens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.