Wiki Posts
Search

CO metal/UA codeshare upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
CO metal/UA codeshare upgrade?

I am going to use a UA voucher to purchase a ticket on CO metal but UA codeshare flight number. Can I get free elite upgrade as a CO gold?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, assuming your OnePass number is in the reservation.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Is this definitely the case? I've seen several instances where I could have bought a CO flight at a better price through UA but resisted because I was certain that this wasn't possible.

Good to know if true ^
Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:49 pm

It always was in the past with other codeshares and I don't know why it would change now. I haven't done it yet but I absolutely believe it to be the case.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by westlaker
I am going to use a UA voucher to purchase a ticket on CO metal but UA codeshare flight number. Can I get free elite upgrade as a CO gold?
You might want to check the T&Cs on the UA voucher as well. Every UA voucher that I have ever seen issued has always required all travel to be on UA/UAX metal
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by pagotto
You might want to check the T&Cs on the UA voucher as well. Every UA voucher that I have ever seen issued has always required all travel to be on UA/UAX metal
You are correct. UA voucher does require all travel be on UA/UAX metal. I missed that. I guess I'll leave this for someone else to experiment.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
hi sbm12, do you know if one would clear at the elite status window even if it is a UA codeshare operated by CO metal? Or is it only at the gate in this case?

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Angeleno228
hi sbm12, do you know if one would clear at the elite status window even if it is a UA codeshare operated by CO metal? Or is it only at the gate in this case?

Thanks.
Assuming it is eligible for EUA it should. I don't have personal experience with it since the *A switch but it used to work with DL IIRC so it should still work with UA I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.