Wiki Posts
Search

Boo doo six: Party out of bounds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Originally Posted by studio76
^studio76+1
If your +1 doesn't register as himself this time I won't give him a nametag with his handle
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Add Mrs. Italy and me to the interested list! Will have to see what her boss says as Oct - Dec is the busiest part of the year for the Company. Will there be organized transportation between BCN and ANDORRA LA VELLA site? Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Add me to the interested list! So BCN is the most practical airport to fly into as far as getting to/from Andorra?
There's direct buses from BCN, GRO, TLS and PGF.
We're gathering all the information about how to get to/from Andorra to the airports and main cities in the surroundings (including bus and train options). It'll be posted soon!!!!

Last edited by dragonfirebcn; Jan 12, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reason: blond moment
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Italy98
Add Mrs. Italy and me to the interested list! Will have to see what her boss says as Oct - Dec is the busiest part of the year for the Company. Will there be organized transportation between BCN and ANDORRA LA VELLA site? Thanks.
That's kind of complicated due to the different arrival times of everybody, but if there's a group interested, it can be arranged. Anyway, there's between 6 and 8 daily busses from BCN airport to Andorra (one every 2/3 hours)

Last edited by dragonfirebcn; Jan 12, 2009 at 2:40 pm Reason: another blond moment
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I'm really excited about the great responses so far! As DFB said, we'll post more info about the transport options as soon as we can. In the meantime, here are some broad points to consider:

- From BCN, GIR, PFG, and TLS it's a bus ride between 2:30 and 3:00. There are multiple busses each day (usually 2 or 3).
- From TLS there's also a train right to the Andorra border. It takes about 2 hours and costs 20€ for economy, 30€ for business. You'll still have to take a bus or taxi from the train station to Andorra la Vella (not far).
- There's also an option to rent a car and drive. In this case, you want to come from BCN or GIR because the roads on the French side are narrow and wind-ey. It's about a 2:15 drive from BCN airport.

Although not officially a member of Schengen, your Shengen entry visa (or waiver) will permit you entry into Andorra. Basically, if you got into Spain or France, they'll have you. It's a very casual affair.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Of course I'll be there!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 2:49 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Some suggestions for those with additional time before or after.. nearby on the French side is of course the walled city of Carcassonne. On the Spanish side is the old town of Vic, then Dali-land and El Bulli are not so far away. If I had the time, I'd make a week of it, fly into Toulouse or Perpignan, drive around France and then up to Andorra, and then into Spain and out from Girona or Barcelona.

Incidentally, google maps is telling me it is 233 km or 3hrs and 13 mins from my house to the hotel, so perhaps our hosts' recent drive up there in shorter time suggests there are few speed cameras on the mountain roads ??

Have made a cancellable booking at the Andorra Park Hotel.. €220 per night for a double room b&b rate. So just how many packs of cigarettes am I going to have to pack the car with to make this trip economically viable ?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by GK
...then Dali-land and El Bulli are not so far away...
sorry to dissapoint you, but El Bulli closes in september
we can go this summer though (I definitely want to!), but now is the time to book a table!!!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would renting a car be a viable option, or is it impossible to move around and/or park in Andorra?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:09 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm in.

Can I sit next to Patxi at dinner?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
Would renting a car be a viable option, or is it impossible to move around and/or park in Andorra?
Parking space is limited in that little country. Public parkings around the city are free for the first hour, and then you have to pay. Most of the hotels have their own parking lots..
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Muy interesado!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm using TH's miles to secure my AF ticket to BCN.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:11 pm

Sounds like a very interesting and exotic place...

Please put me down in the highly interested list.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by GK
Have made a cancellable booking at the Andorra Park Hotel.. €220 per night for a double room b&b rate. So just how many packs of cigarettes am I going to have to pack the car with to make this trip economically viable ?
By the way, did you book the premium suites? we just paid 170€ for their 'regular' suites in extremely high season...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.