Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FT 10th Anniversary: Gifts & Best Wishes for The Big Guy (Randy) [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT 10th Anniversary: Gifts & Best Wishes for The Big Guy (Randy) [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:07 am
Commander Catcop

Meowy Anniversary Randy

Randy... anyone who would let a somewhat infrequent Cat haired covered traveler like myself hang with the Big Mileage Runners is FOUR PAWS UP in my book.

(and letting a Commander Catcop flash his badge on occasion.)

I think the greatest gift you have given all of us is the chance to make Friends and build connections and enrich our families (without Flyertalk my "family" would not be rich in interesting and challenging and devoted people in my life! Hope that Makes Sense!)

MEOWY Anniversary and much happiness to you and Julie and the entire Inside Flyer Team.

Have a MEOWY Day!

Mark/CATMAN and, of course, Eddie (who loves his Daddy's home more often)
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's very little to add that hasn't been said already. Randy, you're awesome, thanks so much for this mostly great addiction and everything you do for the community. You rock!^
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I want to echo what SanDiego1K said about Sharon flipping the focus to thank Randy for the 10 years of travel, fun, and friends he has enabled for us.

I now count among my good friends, FT'ers from Sitges, London, Montreal, Seattle, San Francisco, New York, Portland, Boca Raton, Helsinki, LA, New Jersey, Miami, Minneapolis, San Diego, Chicago, Austin, Pasadena and Cambridge. How cool is that? Thanks again Randy!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Randy seems to have almost infinite patience, and has helped the FT community so much over the years. I wish we could have done something at the Freddie's when more FT'ers were attending, but at least I got to talk with Randy for a minute.

Great job, Randy! $23 will get you about 30 miles in a RV!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Nice pictures, nice thread, nice guy, nice place, nice anniversary, nice times.

Old Apr 29, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Randy ^ You are the man!

To know there is FlyerTalk, it really helps me with my travels, and understand all the different programs from hotels, airlines, and car rentals. There is still so much to learn and many more topics to read.

Not to forget... able to visit new places and travel to meet new people at FT Do's! ... what fun!

Again... :-: Randy :-: ^ you are the man!

Thank you.

-BondAir007

p.s. I heard a rumor that Randy is starting a airline "FlyerTalk Air". Flying Boeing BBJ and is headquarter in Colorado Springs.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:02 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Thank you Randy.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet...but I have a feeling, like FlyerTalk, I'm not going anywhere any time soon!

I only wish I had discovered FlyerTalk that much earlier...god only knows where I'd be in terms of miles & frequent flier programs.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Thanks to Sharon for coordinating this effort, and thanks to Randy for 10 years (I've been around for 5) of fun.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also adding my thanks to Sharon for doing major work to make this all happen!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations and a big THANK YOU to Randy!

alongside kudos to Sharon for initiating and arranging this!
Old May 2, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Thank you, Randy, I have enjoyed being part of the FT community and have learned so much. I look forward to the next 10 yrs.
Old May 4, 2008, 8:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thank you, Randy. Your generosity and patience have made FlyerTalk a real community and a second home for thousands of us. I hope the next ten years bring you peace, happiness, and great success.

~Pat
Old May 4, 2008, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Many Happy Returns

Randy,

I think back to my first issue of Inside Flyer and subsequent introduction to FlyerTalk and the many great tips and other ideas that have enhanced my travel experiences. I am grateful for all of them. But then I fondly remember the social aspects of FT and that puts everything into clear focus. This community has experienced the wildfire growth I witnessed growing up in Las Vegas and things sure have changed. With change comes growing pains and hiccups along the way.

The one constant that remains is your steadfast leadership and geniune concern for all of us. I count myself fortunate whenever I have the opportunity to meet and know people that affect the lives of others. When I first met you so many years ago I immediately felt a warmth and compassion, and over the years I have come to know you as a special person and a man of high principles and values. But your desire to serve others and putting the needs of so many before your own truly puts you in a special place in my mind. There is no greater gift that one can give than service to others and there is really no tangible item that can be given to return that to you, but I am glad that you were able to accept the gesture that we all wanted to do to show you how much you are appreciated.

ThanxaBunch,

Jim

And many thanks to Sharon for spearheading the effort! The photo album is just fantastic and I hope many others respond to the call to fill those empty pages.
Old May 4, 2008, 10:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Happy 10th Birthday Flyertalk! [merged threads]

It's 5 May here, Randy, so let me be the first of many to congratulate you on, and thank you for, 10 years of Flyer Talk and almost 10 million pearls of wisdom and advice. Flyer Talk has come a long way since 1998 and truly is the best online travel community.

I'm looking forward to the next 10 years.

PS there is the question of a 10 year anniversary do at HOM too.
Old May 5, 2008, 1:56 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Happy 10th Birthday Flyertalk!

I do declare our little Internet bulletin board has all growed up!!
OTOH, FT is about to hit adolescence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.