Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 year club on Flyertalk - Sign in thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
7 year club on Flyertalk - Sign in thread

I've seen lots of threads announcing 1000 post club, 2000 post club, 10,000 post club. I don't seem to recall a 7 years on Flyertalk thread.

Seven years. I remember when I was new here. I remember when I thought that being a member with a number in the low 3000's, that I was already late to the party.

Seven years, and thousands of additional miles, points, and etc later; not to mention all the new friends I've picked up along the way.
I've certainly shared good times with you... in person, in Chat. In places as close as Brooklyn New York, and as far away as Sydney and Tokyo; and, in virtual space.

I've shared turkey dinners in the Oakland Hills, bedrooms in SIN, parties in LA and PSP; and, been hosted by Flyertalkers in their homes. ^
I've enjoyed steak dinners (fill in the city), pizza, and bakery goodies. And lets not forget midnight dinners in BKK.

I've also received plenty of advice over the years re: city info, hotel info, restaurant info, and wine info.

And on rare occassion, I like to stir the pot in Omni. Hey, I didn't say I was purr-fect.

It's been fun.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on their 7 years?

Last edited by dhammer53; Sep 5, 2007 at 11:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'll be happy to post here......FT member #2,898. Aren't we up to about 150,000 members now?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I I've enjoyed steak dinners (fill in the city), pizza, and bakery goodies. And lets not forget midnight dinners in BKK.
Let's not forget black and whites.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I forget what my join date is. I'll post to find out.

8*

*(oops, that's an OMNI thread.)
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Traveller

8*
Shouldn't that be accompanied by The Count?

"Eight! Eight wonderful years! Ah ha ha!!"
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:41 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I've been here for almost TEN YEARS! ^ Member #215. The "Original Member" numbers were issued alphabetically by user name when FT was reincarnated from it's original format. If you count my time on the original FT board, I've been here since... December 1996? I'd have to ask Randy to be sure.

I remember when I would post a question and would wait a few days for a response. lol

Last edited by MileageAddict; Sep 5, 2007 at 11:49 pm
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:49 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Wow. . seven years already?! Amazing. Thanks DD for starting this thread. I have met so many amazing people during this time.

From FTers in Sydney who provided great tips on wine tours, road trips with friends from New York, seeing the Statue of Liberty close up in the middle of the night (driven by a friend met through FT), dancing in a cave in Paris, going to Barcelona and wearing out a fellow FTer, to knowing people in Bellevue and Greenlake - I count some of my closest friends as having met them through FlyerTalk.

What started out as hmm. . .how do I get an upgrade on a trip to Hawaii? has become a place where I'm made to feel at home due to sharing of experiences. The passion that people on this board have along with the genuine niceness displayed by so many is rather incredible. For a virtual community it sure has gone beyond that to infiltrate my "real life" in so many ways.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The year 2000 seems so far away now... that was back in the days when I had no elite status, had never issued tickets in obscure places, never bought thousands of peppermint teabags for grocery points, never lectured call center agents on FFP rules, never compared lounges in Hong Kong to those in Santiago de Chile... and never thought it possible to make friends all over the world, to visit "internet aquaintances" at their homes and host them at mine, or to throw a party in Zurich for Flyertalkers!

Oh, and I also never thought that this innocent click on Flyertalk.com seven years ago would ultimately land me a job in FFP management.

In a nutshell, it's been an utterly wonderful time and I am deeply grateful for all Flyertalk has given me - thanks, all! (Now, how come I have still never met dhammer53?)
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Wow how the world has changed in the nine years since I joined FT. Air travel used to be a lot more fun--airports are becoming increasingly challenging to tolerate. Once on board, I still love flying!

Still having good experiences and keeping in touch (when I can) with the old gang(s) of FT though!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:49 am

I didn't realise I'd been here for 7 years, till I looked at this thread. Wonder how many of us have been here this long?

petesfo (4528) was the last member to register in 2000.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:50 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Hi, Dan ... I've forgotten how to get one's membership number.
Thought it had something to do with hovering one's pointer
over someplace, but I can't get it to work in Firefox.

I do discover that this is post 8358034, though.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:25 am

Member 1095 checking in sir.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:28 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
How can I tell my member number??

I'm a newbie. Joined in 2001
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Hover your mouse over your name, then look down at the bottom of the screen.

Originally Posted by violist
Hi, Dan ... I've forgotten how to get one's membership number.
Thought it had something to do with hovering one's pointer
over someplace, but I can't get it to work in Firefox.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has it been THAT long already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.