Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official Post Freddies 2007 Weekend - Arlington, VA 4/27-4/29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Are you planning to stay in Crystal City Area or elsewhere?
Yes, I am staying in Crystal City
35.42%
No, I will be staying elsewhere but will be on the metro line
39.58%
No, I will be staying elsewhere with no metro access
12.50%
Help, I have no idea where to stay
12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Official Post Freddies 2007 Weekend - Arlington, VA 4/27-4/29

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
The menu for the Friday dinner is finalized and looks to be very tasty (and was very tasty when we tried it!). If anyone has any special food needs please let me know!!!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
What time is brunch? I'm about to book a Sunday 3pm departure out of DCA...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
The menu for the Friday dinner is finalized and looks to be very tasty (and was very tasty when we tried it!). If anyone has any special food needs please let me know!!!
Are there any plans for drinking after dinner???
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:54 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by tazi
Hear hear!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Speaking of plans for drinking -- FYI -- Johnnie Walker is sponsoring a series of scotch tastings in WDC during the week of the Freddie's. I've been to the one put on in SEA and it includes tastings of 5 JW brands, including Blue Label. I'll probably be taking them up on their offer again in WDC. If anyone wants info, PM me for details. Note: they state: "Attendance is not guaranteed. Attendance is on a 'first come first served' basis." And you have to sign up for a specific date/time.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
I'm in for Freddies but have to hightail it back to CLE on Friday afternoon. Thanks for the consideration!
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
What's the deadline for signing up for the Friday dinner and the Sunday brunch?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tazi
Yes! Within steps (less than 1 minute walk) of our Zen dinner location is a number of watering holes!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
What's the deadline for signing up for the Friday dinner and the Sunday brunch?
The deadline to sign up and pay will be Sunday April 22nd. Please let me know as soon as you can which events you would like to attend even if you plan on waiting until last minute to pay.

Sat night won't require any prior reservations. Kokonutz should be posting the pub crawl details here soon!!! (hint hint hint)
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:17 pm

Gosh, I sure wish I could do this, but I've got to be in PDX by Friday evening. So, I'll only be around for the awards themselves and anything that goes on Thurs. eve/Fri. morn. Sounds like a great weekend, though. I'll be there in spirit.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just put a reservation on hold with UA SNA-LAX-SFO-IAD-SFO-LAX-SNA to maximize the mileage of course. Will ticket it tomorrow using $100 customer service cert.

I will probably stay the Thursday night close to the hosting hotel but then move to Park Hyatt or IC Willard depending what kind of deal I can get.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I Just Booked My Flights.

I will be at the Freddie Awards on Thursday night. I will be available all day on that Thursday prior, as my flight is scheduled to land at Washington National Airport on Wednesday afternoon, April 25.

I will be available all day on Friday if anyone is interested in getting together. I may be able to attend the festivities on Friday night, but I am not certain as of yet.

I am unavailable all day and most of the evening on Saturday.

I may be available on Sunday.

Here is my situation:

I plan on staying at the home of a relative in Gaithersburg, Maryland during my stay in the Washington, D.C. area. I do not plan to rent a car. However, just in case, I have booked a room at the Crystal City Marriott for Thursday night, April 26 and Friday night, April 27 at a rate of US$99.00 per night plus tax. I am scheduled to check out early Saturday morning. If someone is willing to share the room with me and split the cost — as I do not intend to spend much of my time in the room — I would be happy to do so. Simply send me a private message if you are interested.

I do not drink alcoholic beverages, so the bars and pubs do not interest me in the least — although I have been entertained in the past by watching others drink themselves into oblivion...

Please add me to the “Maybe” list for Friday evening. Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I, too, have made flight and hotel arrangements and have officially RSVPed for the Freddies.

I'm still deciding which of the post-Freddie weekend events I want to attend. At this point I am a "maybe" for both the Friday dinner and Sunday brunch, and will try to get my act together soon!

Thanks, skAAtinsteph, for organizing these things! ^
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
violist is probably in for Sunday brunch but probably nothing else.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by violist
violist is probably in for Sunday brunch but probably nothing else.

Spiff is in for everything except Sunday brunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.