Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:30 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
SEA DOO IX - August 10-12, 2007

Update 8/10/07

The official SeaDoo IX Schedule.......<drumroll please>

for the record... I'm skipping my high school reunion for you peeps.. so y'all better be ready to have some fun!

Friday

PreDoo festivities will start with Happy Hour at Maximilien in the Market from 5-7pm
81A Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98104
Maximiliens is located at the South end of Pike Place market. Its between the fish throwing place and MarketSpice Tea.

then onto Dinner at Kells at 7:30pm.
1916 Post Alley
Pike Place Market
Seattle, Washington, 98101
206 728-1916
If past SeaDoos are any indication, this is where we will stay for the rest of the evening. We <heart> Kells.

These events will be pay as you go, but as a courtesy to the servers and your fellow FTers, please carry cash...

Saturday

Brunch/Lunch at Redhook Brewery in Woodinville at 11:30.
14300 NE 145th St
Woodinville, WA 98072
425 483 3232

After lunch, the brewery tour, as well as tours/tasting at Columbia Winery (next door) and Chateau Ste Michelle Winery (across the street) will be available. We usually end up staying in the area til 330-4ish. (again ...bring cash)

Then its back to your hotels for disco naps before the main event.

Dinner from 8-10pm at Tamarind Tree Restaurant in the International District.
1036 South Jackson Street -Suite A
Seattle, Washington 98116

We have the outdoor patio reserved for our private use.
Cost is $35 per person.***This is a pre-paid event.***

Don't worry, there won't be fish heads or anything wierd. Think , spring rolls, summer rolls, grilled meats and veggies and dessert! Iced and hot tea will be included. You have the option to buy alcoholic or specialty beverages separately.

******************In keeping with SeaDoo tradition, amenities will be collected at Saturday night dinner for distribution at a local shelter... As is also SeaDoo tradition, all things Aveda never make it past Missy's bathroom************************************

Post dinner festivities are likely to include drinks at the W Hotel bar <mmmmm appletinis> or nightclubbing in Pioneer Square or Capital Hill..... someone (besides me) is going to ride that bull at Cowgirls this weekend!!

Sunday morning is on your own.. This is a great opportunity to check out Pike Place market or the Boeing Museum of Flight.

The afternoon hike has been cancelled because you are all a bunch of wussies who didn't want to go. But I still love each and every one of you. Should you find that you have nothing else to do, you can certainly show up early (no earlier than 2pm please) for the Chez Missy BBQ, but if you do so, be prepared to be put to work.

BBQ at chez missydarlin Sunday 5pm. - address has been PM'ed ...if you didn't get the PM, let me know
(yes, I know you'd rather go to the Pink Door, but they don't take group reservations)
This will also be $10 per person pre-paid event so I have an idea how much food to buy There will likely be grilled salmon, chicken, veggies, salad, fruit, etc...risotto if I feel inspired, and of course there will be something chocolate! Those of you who've been to my house know that no one ever leaves hungry

I'll be sending out an email blast in the next week or so requesting lots of personal details, giving paypal/payment instructions, and deciphering what our additional transportation needs are. As in years past, I can rent a van if necessary to haul people out to Redhook or the hike.

There is no official Hotel for SeaDoo. But these are some of the favored locales.

W, Westin, Sheraton
Renaissance on Madison, Marriott Waterfront
Grand Hyatt
Homewood Suites
Whatever priceline is giving out

Those who aren't drinkers or are bringing a designated driver with them may want to consider outlying areas like Bellevue, Renton, or the airport to save money. Bus service is available from downtown Bellevue or the airport, or you may just want to rent a car.

Last edited by missydarlin; Aug 10, 2007 at 12:00 pm
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Attendee Info

Prepaid for Saturday Dinner

bkkth
bob w
BondAir007
dedehans +1
dyung
fireworksboy
Fredd +1
garlin
getiton +1
hunki/punki
jswong
karenkay
lalala
mcrt
missydarlin +1
monitor +1
nroscoe
opushomes +1
PDX_Roy +1
SEA_Tigger
SeaMeFly
SchmutzigMSP
seeya
Shadow
tom911
wireless

Prepaid for Sunday BBQ

bob w
BondAir007
dedehans +1
dyung
fireworksboy
Fredd +1
garlin
hunki/punki
jswong
mcrt
missydarlin +1
monitor +1
nroscoe
PDX_Roy +1
SEA_Tigger
seeya
Shadow
wireless

Last edited by missydarlin; Aug 10, 2007 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Yay! Glad to see you have accepted your fate as Do organizer extra-ordinaire. ^

BTW, count me in.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
it had been foretold. shocking!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I want to do this one, finally......

As I would be coming from the Right Coast, I need to know what time stuff starts on the 10th.....might have to fly out on the night of the 9th...

Also, plans for the 12th.....perhaps taking redeye (ugh) home?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

sometimes there are optional Friday afternoon activities.. in the past there has been the Boeing plant tour but arriving late afternoon on the 10th is pretty standard for most FTers.

People who leave early Sunday tend to be hating life.. flying with hangover or still influenced... BAAAAD! Officially we usually end with Brunch.. but there will also probably be a smaller dinner planned for those staying later.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by missydarlin
People who leave early Sunday tend to be hating life.. flying with hangover or still influenced... BAAAAD! Officially we usually end with Brunch.. but there will also probably be a smaller dinner planned for those staying later.
I was one of those! Nope, don't hate life but did feel pretty seedy the Sunday morning. Did have plenty of time to sleep though on my way back to Wellington SEA-SFO-LHR-LAX-AKL-WLG (I needed the miles!)

Anyway I might be good for next years SEA DOO ^ ^ Would not be able to make it until Saturday though

Jeff
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I checked my retiree calendar of events, and find that I'm free the entire month of August. Count me in!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Well we're tentative - booked the hotel already though
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:26 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

COUNT ME IN
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm a definite maybe. No idea what my calendar will look like next August, but if it's clear & the clients allowing & the proverbial creek doesn't rise, I'm there....

Of course at the moment I'm totally bummed because in a few weeks I could fly to SEA at an all-time low of $218 on UA, but in the summer it's rare to get a flight under $400

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:54 pm

It is marked on my calendar.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Wink

I'd sure like to meet some of the FT colleagues from here! Am I welcome to join? Seeing how I currently have August '07 empty of events.

Sanosuke!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Grrr... I'll be in DEN that weekend.

Still, I'll help with anything I can up until that day, as I owe you for helping out this year.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sanosuke
I'd sure like to meet some of the FT colleagues from here! Am I welcome to join? Seeing how I currently have August '07 empty of events.

Sanosuke!

everyone is welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.