Cancun - drinks or dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 7:52 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Cancun 6/28 - 7/5 drinks or dinner?

CUN 6/28 - 7/5
We will be staying at the newly remodeled Hilton in CUN . If anybody wants to meet up for drinks or eats ..let me know!

Last edited by MRKEY; Jun 26, 2006 at 9:46 am Reason: dates
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I won't be there (it is hot enough in Sacramento; Quintana Roo will be too.) But if you want to eat some dinky di, er, genuine, Yucatecan food, get yourself to Los Almendros for some good regional cooking. It's part of a chain, one that started in a small town in Yucatán and has a couple of restaurants in Mérida as well, but it's a very good introduction to the unique regional cooking of the peninsula. The hotel should be able to look it up for you - not too far from the bullring, iirc.

They have an illustrated menu, with descriptive information - so you know what you are getting when you order the sopa de lima (chicken and lime broth,) poc chuc (marinated BBQ style pork) fish tikin xic (garlic and achiote, or annatto in English,) panuchos, pollo or cochinita pibil (slow-roasted chicken or pork pibil style, some sweet and some spice,) etc.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I second the recommendation to try Yucatecan food while there...and I've heard good things about Los Almendros, as JDiver suggests.

We have a Yucatecan restaurant in SF (Tommy's) that does a great rendition of poc chuc...my favorite yucatecan dish.

Enjoy Cancun...
Old Jun 26, 2006, 1:34 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thanks for the info about Los Almendrose . I will for sure try it. It is also hot and humid here in PBI. Praying for my UG at Hilton. Any ideas on a local hotel for the night of 7/4 ? ( hotel has that night blacked out for us)
Thanks in advance!
UG to Villa approved... ^

Last edited by MRKEY; Jun 27, 2006 at 3:29 pm Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.