Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
I spotted nevansm's tag after he called out 'nice tag!' And we're talking about how much better CO is than UA, especially since CO has showers in the P-clubs.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
DesertDave (sp) saw my tags when he sat down in 6C (I was in 5D) SFO/LAX.
It's always nice to meet family. ^
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Struck up a conversation with JeepguyDE in CLT on Monday. He even showed me there was a world away from the hotel forums
etsmyers, I'm glad you spotted my tag. It was nice meeting you, and I enjoyed the conversation!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Flew UA943, CDG-ORD, on 3/21. Just as we were about to start our take-off roll, I found out that the battery in my DSLR had died, which killed my chance to take photos during our climb-out.. At least I had my iPhone.

After the seatbelt sign was turned off, I grabbed my rollerboard from the overhead, and found a fully charged battery. Just as I was about to put my rollerboard back in the overhead, pfxlax spotted my FT tag. We had a great time chatting about FT, UA, etc on the way back to ORD.

Looking forward to meeting you again ^
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
After a UA Y flight to DFW last week, my non-priority suitcase was the first out at baggage claim, and the routing barcode sticker had been placed on my FT luggage tag, right over the word "priority." Coincidence?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:47 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
When talking with a UA supv-looking kind of guy at SFO about the attitude and misinformation from some of the pre-/pseudo-security people about turning away 1Ks from some lines, FriendlySkies was in tow (and probably other FTers?) and spotted my tag. How it can be such a PITA for 1Ks flying out of SFO, I don't know! Grrrr...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Travelin Man 069
Will the Flyer Talk luggage tags be available in the Merchandise section soon or am I just not looking in the correct place? Thanks
Any update on their availability?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:20 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
I don't understand the delay in getting these made - there is almost anything you could want (and some pretty obsure stuff) with the Flyertalk logo on it in the store but no luggage tags? Not whining - just honestly don't understand...Oh well, I'll appreciate it all the more when available
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LGA
When talking with a UA supv-looking kind of guy at SFO about the attitude and misinformation from some of the pre-/pseudo-security people about turning away 1Ks from some lines, FriendlySkies was in tow (and probably other FTers?) and spotted my tag. How it can be such a PITA for 1Ks flying out of SFO, I don't know! Grrrr...
Guilty

Glad we were able to help you with the AirServ employee!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:23 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Guilty

Glad we were able to help you with the AirServ employee!
I wish there could've been a camera watching what happened to the next 1k who approached her! So who was the crowd with you? Other airline "groupies", I imagine?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Travelin Man 069
I don't understand the delay in getting these made - there is almost anything you could want (and some pretty obsure stuff) with the Flyertalk logo on it in the store but no luggage tags? Not whining - just honestly don't understand...Oh well, I'll appreciate it all the more when available
My guess is the tags are too low ticket for the likes of cafe press to make sense. These were only ever sold by HOM directly and not outsourced with the mugs and tshirts, etc
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: Hertz 5 **, soon-to-be-ex PC plat, MR Gold, DL
Originally Posted by GoingAway
My guess is the tags are too low ticket for the likes of cafe press to make sense. These were only ever sold by HOM directly and not outsourced with the mugs and tshirts, etc
I suspect you are right. Sigh.

I assume the alternate choice - attaching a FlyerTalk thong to the handle- would be a bit too déclassé, eh?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bennytma
As I waited I noticed a man with longish blonde hair seated on a chair with luggage at his feet sporting long yellow Flyertalk tags. I walked over to him, introduced myself and asked how long had he been part of the Flyertalk community... He said something to the effect of "I'm Randy Peterson....."
Which is why I love my long pink "Fly with Me!" Randy-class tag from the SMD II!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by GoingAway
A while up-thread, a couple of FTers reported they had extra tags to give away. If any of you are similarly afflicted, I'd be glad to take one off your hands
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by DCA writer
A while up-thread, a couple of FTers reported they had extra tags to give away. If any of you are similarly afflicted, I'd be glad to take one off your hands
Shoot me a PM - I know you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.