Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kuala Lumpur Do Nov 11-13

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MovieMan
Lowest rate I've found so far is via asiarooms.com, which is showing me US$94, including breakfast and all taxes/service charge. Not bad...
For less you can get a club room at the Meridien. If you're not going for HHonors points, a better deal IMO. Of course, if you do stay at LeM make sure to eat at the Noodle Bar at the Hilton -- mmmmmmmmmm!
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked -- Meridien is 375 MYR for those dates including club access and broadband.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Japhydog
For less you can get a club room at the Meridien.
I'm sure you're right. But it would be fun to try the new Hilton... Well, thinking about it, anyway.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure you're right. But it would be fun to try the new Hilton... Well, thinking about it, anyway.
I've stayed rather extensively in both. IMO Hilton is no better, certainly not worth the premium. YMMV.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hilton KUL has triple points or triple miles options, for less than the rate quoted above for meridien.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:46 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
You can add me as a "maybe." What is that, the Amber category?

If I'm in the area, I'll do my best to join you.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Lowest rate I've found so far is via asiarooms.com, which is showing me US$94, including breakfast and all taxes/service charge. Not bad...
I'm getting half the rate of Hilton KUL at Sheraton Imperial KUL, although I definitely prefer Westin KUL location better. The best rate I can get with Westin is under RM300. Depending on where the party hotel is going to be, I guess.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:12 am

All the thoughts of having some Great food.......but alas, won't be making the trip.

For those thinking of the Hilton, I highly recommend it. Stayed there the 1st month it opened last year and look fwd to going back soon!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:19 am
Original Poster

a quick shortcut to Post #1 with list of attendees

Last edited by shortfinals; Sep 9, 2005 at 4:23 am
Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:10 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Hmmm.. saw jjpb3 still in the amber list... when the official arm-twisting day opens?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by CGK
Hmmm.. saw jjpb3 still in the amber list... when the official arm-twisting day opens?
Since I'll miss the London gathering of SIN-Doers by a few weeks, I suppose someone will have to twist jjpb3's arm then on my behalf.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:18 am
CGK

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Since I'll miss the London gathering of SIN-Doers by a few weeks, I suppose someone will have to twist jjpb3's arm then on my behalf.
Well, I will let this person know about the task of armtwisting in a few weeks. And BTW, congratulations on your 5000 mark there! ^ Sorry just noticed it today...
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by CGK
Sorry for the indecision, but timelines and my project remain uncertain. Promise to let you know as soon as I find out more.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:03 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by jjpb3
Sorry for the indecision, but timelines and my project remain uncertain. Promise to let you know as soon as I find out more.
We understand you are a busy person... Well, the armtwisting will be started early Oct perhaps? At least will help to remind you to check those low airfares out from LHR.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: MP Platinum
Ooops I am early....maybe I should check out some places to go/eat?

Originally Posted by ws8n
I'm getting half the rate of Hilton KUL at Sheraton Imperial KUL, although I definitely prefer Westin KUL location better. The best rate I can get with Westin is under RM300. Depending on where the party hotel is going to be, I guess.
My two favorite places to stay in KL so far are:

1. Le Meridien
Join their "Moments" plan you can can get an nice executive room for 235RM.
Located next to KL Sentral, it shares facilities (pool, gym etc) with the Hilton at a fraction of the price. Biggest issue for me is connectivity, and high speed wired internet is FREE in all rooms. It is good enough connection that I am sitting here (RIGHT NOW!) with my laptop sharing its connection with my Cisco VOIP phone which works pretty good 90% of the time. It is removed from the "party/bar/resturant" area, but you can take the trains and monorail to all locations.

2. Concorde
Downtown near a monorail stop, it is a decent place that was recently renovated. Not sure on current prices, but it is a good backup.

NEVER STAY AT THE HILTON. They internet connection is crappy and tries to block ports and they charge you for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.