Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:ELP DO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:ELP DO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:43 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by jfe
What are people doing today?
I am sitting in the RCC in PHX. I got on the 8:45 ELP-PHX then proceeded to 11:08 PHX-LAS. GA gave me a bp - I boarded and took my seat. Boarding proceeded and then there were more pax than seats. Guess who got pulled off the flight - me of couse as a revenue standby. I got rebooked on the 2:35 flight and made my way over to UA terminal to join the RCC and chill out there. (FT too).

Tonight, my LAX-PHL red eye is overbooked. I am hoping for a bump or for my waitlisted upgrade to go through.

Happy trails to all...
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm already back in Alabama

Thanks to JFE and Rosie for hosting a wonderful do this weekend! I had a great time the entire weekend. jfe, your "house" is beautiful!

I was up so early to catch my flight (yawn), my ELP-ATL arrived early and was able to get to BHM on the earlier flight. I'm now sitting in my hotel lobby waiting for my room to be ready. Get an earlier flight, room isn't ready.

Naptime. See you all later.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Chilling in the Concierge Lounge at the Marriott with Monitor and Franny, abelscc, and Alysia while I wait for my 7:25pm flight from the airport down the road.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Chilling in the Concierge Lounge at the Marriott with Monitor and Franny, abelscc, and Alysia while I wait for my 7:25pm flight from the airport down the road.
so you're finally leaving this place
Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:45 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jfe
What are people doing today?
Seven of us headed over to Mesilla to check out the shops, and then took a spin through Las Cruces and stopped for lunch before heading to Stahmann's Farms to check out the pecans.

Although the weather started out cold and damp, we had sunshine for the afternoon, which made for a nice visit.

btw - the highlight of the Las Cruces excursion was seeing two large tumbleweeds tumblin' down the main drag!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KLC
btw - the highlight of the Las Cruces excursion was seeing two large tumbleweeds tumblin' down the main drag!
And just to think that Canarsie is going back there to spend Monday night hoping that the tumbleweeds are still around.
He figures that they are the most exciting things doing in that action-packed town.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:19 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by monitor
And just to think that Canarsie is going back there to spend Monday night hoping that the tumbleweeds are still around.
He figures that they are the most exciting things doing in that action-packed town.
Well, he is going to have lunch for me at State Line

http://elpaso.citysearch.com/profile...estaurant.html

Just take I-10 west, exit #13 (Sunland Park) and make a left (if you see the mall you are going in the wrong direction)

Once you make the left, stay in the middle road, as when you hit the Doniphan intersection, only the middle lane can go straight, you will cross some railroad tracks, and State Line will be in your left hand.

Their beef BBQ ribs are delicious
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Has anyone posted pictures yet (with names for Cholula )? I'll post mine when I get home on Thursday... well maybe not the one with the flute.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

chrissxb just left for the airport from the Hilton Hotel here in El Paso on his journey to San Diego.

Well, this appears to be the end of yet another fun and successful gathering of FlyerTalk members. They seem to go way too fast.

Thank you, jfe and Rosie, for having us at your mansion and being excellent hosts.

Now, if you will all excuse me, as alluded to by monitor, I have to get ready to go watch the tumbleweeds in Las Cruces.

The excitement never ends...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:02 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
Has anyone posted pictures yet (with names for Cholula )? I'll post mine when I get home on Thursday... well maybe not the one with the flute.
We need that one
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Three of us in the E President's Club at IAH. chrissxb is recovering from his two hour nap coming over from ELP getting ready for a 3 hour RJ trip over to SLC where he has an appointment with JimQuan. Then he's off to SAN for his two hour layover dinner with that bunch.

We, on the other hand, will relax inthe PC and then wander over to the FLL flight for our trip back to the warm weather.

This was one of the great all time Dos and since much of the same crowd will be there, I guess we are going to need to find out where is this LJU place actually is located.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Although my flight didn't end up leaving ELP until around 9:45 last night (and I didn't get to my apartment until almost 12:30), I was glad to be able to have dinner with everyone at Cattle Baron's so it was a good thing it got delayed...

It was great to see everyone again, and thank you jfe for the ride to the airport. I look forward to seeing everyone wherever next time may be... Ljubljana, perhaps..?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 3:04 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The ELP DO Pictures have been posted ! ! ! !
Old Feb 20, 2006, 4:50 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Thanks for posting the photos, jfe! They're a great remembrance of a fun weekend.

I'm in Atlanta, taking advantage of free wifi in the President's Club. It's open late due to all the delays in Atlanta today. When I saw the early reports of delays due to low ceilings, I changed to an earlier ELP-ATL leg. Good thing, as I just checked on my original flight, and I would have missed the connection here.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 5:00 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Please send me other pictures you might have of the DO

Would like to include them in the site

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.