Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DisneyWorld December 3-12

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2004, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

DisneyWorld December 3-12

I'm Flying next week to DisneyWorld with family, staying at the Boardwalk Inn next to Epcot.

Say hello at Epcot/Boardwalk area whenever, or join the fun at already planned events with friends.

4th Cirque du Soleil 6pm, Bongos(cuban food)@Downtown Disney 8pm
7th Hoop de Doo 5pm
8th Epcot Candlelight processional 5pm, Teppanyaki 6:30pm
9th MVMCP@MK, meeting 15 minutes before parade & fireworks
10th Wilderness Lodge meet 10pm
11th Swan hotel meet 1pm, Kimonos sushi/karaoke 10pm
12th Jellyrolls @ The Boardwalk 10pm
Pleasure Island / Adventurer's Club TBD
Old Nov 27, 2004, 8:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

SOOOO jealous you are going to WDW during my favorite time of year. If you have never been during Christmas you are in for a treat. You are also going before all the madness of school Christmas break. You get the best of both worlds small crowds and great decorations! Have a great time!!! My favorite part of Christmas at WDW is the Country Bear Jamboree in the MK. They have a special Christmas show.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I will sort of be there Friday night to Monday afternoon - staying out by the airport however as I'm not a tremendous fan of the mouse, and doing a MR MCO-MIA-IAD for 20 hours from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'll be there 12/10 & 12/11 and staying at the beach club.

This sounds like one of the regularly scheduled meets organized by the various DIS related BBS. Is it?

I'm going to be running most of the 36 hours I'll be there, but I'll try to get to something if I'm around the hotel.

Mary
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prncess674
SOOOO jealous you are going to WDW during my favorite time of year. If you have never been during Christmas you are in for a treat. You are also going before all the madness of school Christmas break. You get the best of both worlds small crowds and great decorations! Have a great time!!!
I love your enthusiasm. I am enthusiastic too believe me!
I love seeing the place decorated for Christmas. So many things I'm looking forward to doing.

Mary: I'll mail you contact info. The event on saturday afternoon will have huge amounts of people from websites. The other events after the 9th are smaller groups. The ones before the 9th are really small groups (just my family and a friend or two).
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Cool

I'm also incredibly jealous that you'll be visiting my favorite place (aka Mouse House East) and especially when it's decorated for Christmas! We spent two Christmases at WDW, and I managed to score some awesome spots to be seen on the Christmas Day Parade the first year (yep, was smart enough to make friends with one of the camera guys )! Be sure to check out the various hotels == they'll all be decorated to the hilt especially my favorite, The Grand Floridian. The past two years I've been down the 2nd weekend in January when it's still decorated (although the wx gets horribly unpredictable) but looks like I'm going to miss it in Jan 2005
Old Nov 30, 2004, 4:12 pm

Programs: Former UA MP1P. [About to donate all my miles to Hero Miles.]
Originally Posted by benoit
I'm Flying next week to DisneyWorld with family, staying at the Boardwalk Inn next to Epcot.
Hey Benoit! Will you be attending Mousefest (www.mousefest.org)? It's a huge gathering of the online Disney community, and at this point we expect somewhere between 600 and 800 folks to show up.

You can meet many of the webmasters from Disney fan and news sites, as well as guidebook authors at the Mega Mouse Meet scheduled for Saturday, December 11 from 1 to 3pm at the Swan Ballroom Salon #10. I'll be there as well, as one of six reps from MousePlanet.com. Stop by and say hi!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
The past two years I've been down the 2nd weekend in January when it's still decorated (although the wx gets horribly unpredictable) but looks like I'm going to miss it in Jan 2005
Hubby and I will be there for the half-marathon again. We will REALLY miss you -- hope you can hop down for a quick visit!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Traveliter
Hubby and I will be there for the half-marathon again. We will REALLY miss you -- hope you can hop down for a quick visit!

I know, I'm going to be disappointed if I don't make this year. But as you know, I"m working on it!!!! Besides, I have the "fluffy Mark" with us in case the real one doesn't show up again this year

BTW, welcome again to FT and I'm really glad you're here!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveliter
Hey Benoit! Will you be attending Mousefest?

Stop by and say hi!
Sure! I'll be at the Swan meet also. I've never been to mousefest before.
I'll send you a private message so we can figure out who each other is.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by benoit
Sure! I'll be at the Swan meet also. I've never been to mousefest before.
I'll send you a private message so we can figure out who each other is.
For anyone else who will be at WDW (for Mousefest or otherwise), stop by the Swan hotel (it's near Epcot) for the Mega Mouse Meet! My name is Lani, and I will be working at the MousePlanet table in the ballroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.