Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - Memorial Day weekend May 27/29 2005. Who is interested?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - Memorial Day weekend May 27/29 2005. Who is interested?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
You can still fly up on the 28th - and tell us all about the movie. LOL

That is true too. However, I doubt that I'll be in any state on Sunday considering I'll, no doubt, have a steady flow of crown lagers flowing in throughout the movie.

Please take lots of happy snaps of this meet so that I can place faces to names/handles.

Rgds
Tim
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by marmitik

That is true too. However, I doubt that I'll be in any state on Sunday considering I'll, no doubt, have a steady flow of crown lagers flowing in throughout the movie.

Rgds Tim
The 28th is SATURDAY is it not? Your movie is Friday? And so the state you are in SUNDAY is something you'll only need to worry about on Sunday?

Hey RichardMEL is flying up Saturday am and back on the Sat afternoon - match buddy up on the ame flights? I'm sure he has found a great price deal.

One thing is for sure, neither of you will have any SYD cab fares to worry about.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:05 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Just the train from T1 to T3. LOL.

Yeah, I am on the QF414 up sat morning and going back sat night (yes, when the footy is on! LOL it will be all done by the time I arrive home). When you're all off having dinner I will be mopping up the leftover HP's (if any) in the QP

I believe at least one other person will be on that morning flight up, so that would be cool. The more the merrier!

Incidently I booked my tix during the easter sale and got my return for $49+tax. sweet.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
The 28th is SATURDAY is it not? Your movie is Friday? And so the state you are in SUNDAY is something you'll only need to worry about on Sunday?

Hey RichardMEL is flying up Saturday am and back on the Sat afternoon - match buddy up on the ame flights? I'm sure he has found a great price deal.

One thing is for sure, neither of you will have any SYD cab fares to worry about.
I am afraid that I booked out the Gold Class cinema for the Saturday evening. I apologise for the miscommunication.

$49 rtn, strewth, I never seem to get these sweet red e-deals. Never fast enough I guess. My ex-secretary (previous place of employment) used to do all the airline purchasing so didn't have much say, but have taken that role over now and am much more satisfied with my flight times, connecting flights, aircraft type and variants, etc.

* sigh * maybe next time. I also sense a mini domestic MR coming on soon. May have to organise meets with you fine people when I have everything organised.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:15 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Sorry guys, have been out of computer range for the past few days while melting in Bangkok.

My hotmail account was full. I've now cleaned it up (damn spam).

Thanks.

I'll reply in more details when I've more time.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Glad you cleared out your hotmail.

If you (or others) need a Free google Gmail account I have dozens to give away. You get a GIG (1000 MB) of storage so emails to you will never bounce again. Far more organised system too.

Most signing up for Gmail had Hotmail they have stated.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Not meaning to sound like a PITA about this - but if you DID want to make it you could join us for the Tarmac Tour and lunch, and even a bit of QP fun before catching, for example, the 4pm or 5pm back to MEL in time to go watch Star Wars. Imagine the joy of showing up prefilled with drinkies?!

Of course, it's totally your call - just pointing out the obvious.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Had an email from franjelley today who will be joining us.

Glen
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:05 am

I might just make it after all. I'll know for sure in a day or two.
The cruise on Friday night sounds like a lot of fun. ^
Old Apr 14, 2005, 7:02 pm

Add Benoit to the list!!!

Hi all

Will be fantastic to meet up once again.

Was speaking to BENOIT from Honolulu on the phone this morning, he will be here in Sydney for the event and will confirm in person today some time!!

Happy Travels Everyone!!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Heard from both benoit and cathanna today by email, and they are duly added to the list above. Hope they both can make it.

Glen
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

cathaana - in case it interests you, Virgin are running $9 + tax fares from SYD-Surfers in today's special update!

They had $19 fares to Hobart we may even book . Great prices!

Glen
Old Apr 15, 2005, 8:42 am

Thanks.
I found one of them but at something like 6:30 in the morning. Unless I'm very jetlagged I don't think I will manage to get out of bed that early.

Got all my flights so unless my boss decides to cancel my vacation, I'll be there.

Last edited by cathaana; Apr 15, 2005 at 9:35 am
Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cathaana

Got all my flights so unless my boss decided to cancel my vacation, I'll be there.
Perfect Sarah - we have a German FT contingent again - just you so far this year! Please post when you are a 'definite' with the boss and I'll add you to the list.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 1:23 pm

DC = 20, TT = 25, SL = 27, QP = 30, SD = 19, BM = 9.
Interesting to note (but hardly surprising!) that the most popular event looks like being free drinks and food in the QP.

Hey, I am 1 of the 30!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.