Reload this Page >

Portland, OR (PDX area) Do / Meet-up July 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

Hi all--

I'll be in Portland for the Portland Bridge Swim in July. I'll be staying in Sellwood, but will have a car and can use it to get elsewhere, or open to using Uber/Lyft/public transit. Haven't been in the area for about 10 years, and looking forward to getting out of the heat here for a few days.

I'll be there Friday July 7 to Tuesday July 11 and can meet almost any of those days, except when I'll be swimming of course. If anyone would like to watch the swim, I can give more info, and it sounds like there are several vantage points. My sister is planning to drive down from Tacoma, and might bring her boat, so there could be spots onboard.

I'll be in Oregon for a while; there's a swim the following weekend in Applegate Lake, near Medford, that I'll also be swimming. That swim is loops in the lake, so not as easy to follow from shore. Give me a shout if anyone happens to be in that area and wants to get together.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:16 am
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Hi AZTIMM
I live in PDX and would be happy to meet up on the 10th or 11th. Have you heard from anyone else?
LauraPDX
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHG
Hi AZTIMM
I live in PDX and would be happy to meet up on the 10th or 11th. Have you heard from anyone else?
LauraPDX
Thanks for the response, LauraPDX!
No, I haven't heard from anyone else.

I'll be in town through Tuesday, July 11 (need to be out of my Airbnb by 11am). So let's plan something for Monday, July 10.

By the way, the event put together a nice graphic, this is what I'll be doing. If you happen to be in town on July 9, head to the water to see what's going on

pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:44 am
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Sounds challenging! We are off to an inside passage Alaska cruise next week (checking things off that bucket list), but can aim for the 10th when back. I will send you a PM.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt
Hello

I’m in Portland and have never attended a Flyertalk meet-up. I’m around on the 10th, so sounds like this may be my chance! Keep me posted when details are finalized. Best wishes for a good stay in town.
gaobest and aztimm like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by jjmpdx
I’m in Portland and have never attended a Flyertalk meet-up. I’m around on the 10th, so sounds like this may be my chance! Keep me posted when details are finalized. Best wishes for a good stay in town.
lucky! I love Portland. Granted mostly know and stay near nw 23rd with zuppan and the Mac. Such nice area. I was last in SE / Pok Pok in 2008!
Old Jun 29, 2023, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

We are still in the planning phases... with you it would be 3. I can't remember what the minimum is for a formal Do, but 3 may count

I'll be staying in Sellwood, and it sounds like there are many great restaurants, bars, cafes, and similar right there. Or if you have a specific place in mind, that would work too. I'll have a rental car, or if parking will be a problem, I can use rideshare or transit.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by aztimm
Hi all--

I'll be in Portland for the Portland Bridge Swim in July. I'll be staying in Sellwood, but will have a car and can use it to get elsewhere, or open to using Uber/Lyft/public transit. Haven't been in the area for about 10 years, and looking forward to getting out of the heat here for a few days.

I'll be there Friday July 7 to Tuesday July 11 and can meet almost any of those days, except when I'll be swimming of course. If anyone would like to watch the swim, I can give more info, and it sounds like there are several vantage points. My sister is planning to drive down from Tacoma, and might bring her boat, so there could be spots onboard.

I'll be in Oregon for a while; there's a swim the following weekend in Applegate Lake, near Medford, that I'll also be swimming. That swim is loops in the lake, so not as easy to follow from shore. Give me a shout if anyone happens to be in that area and wants to get together.
I'll be in Portland on July 7. I'm game for a lunch meetup between 12pm and 3:30pm. I'm driving in from Cannon Beach and my flight departs PDX at 5:40pm.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

How about the Muddy Rudder in Sellwood (Tacoma and 7th) at about 6 or7pm?

It sounds like it will just be me, and I'm flexible on time and location. Let me know if that works.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Austin787
I'll be in Portland on July 7. I'm game for a lunch meetup between 12pm and 3:30pm. I'm driving in from Cannon Beach and my flight departs PDX at 5:40pm.
Wow, sorry about that, I'm just seeing your message. My flight up was majorly delayed due to MX, so I didn't even arrive at PDX until 9pm. Hope you had a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.