Search

Passing of MRKEY

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Passing of MRKEY

Some of you oldtimers may remember MRKEY

I first met him at the San Diego Do organized by SanDiego1K back in 2001. If was pre 9-11 and we all got to go in the control tower of the San Diego Airport.
I saw him numerous times over the 10 years that followed and then fell out of touch. I knew that he had moved to Tucson and we kept saying we would get together but life seemed to always get in the way. Now I guess we will not get together ;-(

Today I was chitchatting with SanDiego1K and she asked it I had heard from him

I googled his name and his obittuary came up Sad !

https://www.evergreenmortuary-cemete...rt-Schwartz-2/
Old May 3, 2022, 5:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Sad news, indeed. He was just 70, which sounds younger and younger these days. He was always cheerful, happy to visit with one and all. His obituary spoke of his passion for travel. He was certainly one of us.

Stu was a world traveler. In his lifetime, he was able to travel to India, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Greece, Peru, Mexico, and numerous other locations.

One of his last posts in FT was in 2016, sending his regrets for a San Diego meal. Stu, we miss you.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I first met Stu in South Florida on May 14, 2004 at The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet and PBI-FLL Meet: The Serious Version.

I had no idea he passed away. He was a nice person who will sorely be missed.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Stuart was on the first Brooklyn Reality Tour (BRT) in March 2001. He was one of 7. Nice guy to say the least. I'm saddened to hear of his passing. May his memory be for a blessing.

Dan
Old May 4, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jan_az
Some of you oldtimers may remember MRKEY

I first met him at the San Diego Do organized by SanDiego1K back in 2001. If was pre 9-11 and we all got to go in the control tower of the San Diego Airport...
I recall meeting both him and you at that same Do. (Cue "Those were the days.") Don't think I saw him again after that, but I remember discussing with him where his FT handle came from. (It was from a chain of small stores he owned.) Sad news indeed. Thanks for posting it.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I first met Stu in South Florida on May 14, 2004 at The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet and PBI-FLL Meet: The Serious Version.

I had no idea he passed away. He was a nice person who will sorely be missed.
Very sad to hear this. He was a friend and even my employer after I met him at one of the PBI meets. We spent a good bit of time together back then and we were dubbed on FT by either Mrs. Cholula or Traveller "The Florida Keys". As time passed and my career moved on we spoke less often but did keep in touch. He was probably the most well traveled person I ever met and his second US passport was almost as impressive as his first one which was so overfull with obscure, impossible to get visas that new pages could not be added. I'll miss him, his company, his amazing stories and his endless quest for a good time. RIP
dhammer53 and Cholula like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
He used to be very active on the DL Lounge thread(s) but I hadn't seen him post in a while. Sounds like his last few years may have been rough with his health. May he RIP, and condolences to his family and friends.

Originally Posted by tkey75
Very sad to hear this. He was a friend and even my employer after I met him at one of the PBI meets. We spent a good bit of time together back then and we were dubbed on FT by either Mrs. Cholula or Traveller "The Florida Keys". As time passed and my career moved on we spoke less often but did keep in touch. He was probably the most well traveled person I ever met and his second US passport was almost as impressive as his first one which was so overfull with obscure, impossible to get visas that new pages could not be added. I'll miss him, his company, his amazing stories and his endless quest for a good time. RIP
Is the Tkey75 name based on working for Mr Key?
Cholula likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
He used to be very active on the DL Lounge thread(s) but I hadn't seen him post in a while. Sounds like his last few years may have been rough with his health. May he RIP, and condolences to his family and friends.

Is the Tkey75 name based on working for Mr Key?
It is not. Pure coincidence we have similar monikers. However, clear we would be friends
Cholula likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:49 pm
mjm
Original Member

Again and again. I really takes the wind out your sails to read of the passing of people with whom you shared travels and tales. Farewell, farewell.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:44 am

Mr Key in Florida

I met Stu while I lived in Florida. We had allot in common and he introduced me to flyertalk and brought me to a meeting where I met Dov. He didn't want to stay in one place too long and I last spoke to him off his dad and Arizona.

RIPHannah
dhammer53 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a really nice man.

Definitely well traveled! And yes 70 is not that old anymore. … RIP.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.