Wiki Posts
Search

Rest In Peace, Lehava

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Rest In Peace, Lehava

Lehava passed away on Wednesday, May 19, 2021. I first found out the news from a fellow FlyerTalk member who sent me a private message last year; but I wanted to confirm the details for myself before posting this discussion.

Click here for the official obituary of Lehava. I do not know the cause of her death.

I rarely post a link to my blog here on FlyerTalk; but I wrote a tribute of sorts in honor of her memory — and I would like to see other FlyerTalk members post their recollections of Lehava in this discussion.

May she rest in peace.
dhammer53, pudgym29 and DiverDave like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'm so sorry to hear this. I think I first met Pam in 2010 at the Delta FT event in Atlanta you mentioned in your blog post. We had some fun evenings together when she was in New York for work, most memorably at Katz's and Serendipity. I haven't seen her in quite a few years but will always have great memories of time spent with her - she could seem tough on the outside but once you really got to know her, Pam was a lot of fun to hang out with.
Canarsie likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
That is very sad news.

Lehava & I first met when we arranged the first "MSP Get Together" for FlyerTalk members in January of 2006. The Get Togethers continued up to #14 or so over the next couple years.

Let's just say that Lehava had a very engaging personality, and she was usually a riot.

That first "DO" with Lehava and a couple others had a profound impact on our lives. Over dinner at the Saji-Ya in St. Paul I asked Lehava if FlyerTalk characters like Canarsie, Cholula, and Dovster were real people. She assured me that they were all genuine!

A short time later we met Canarsie & Cholula & monitor & Alysia & others in El Paso, and eventually we met Dovster as well. Over the next 8 years WifeMplsV1 & I met up with them and many others all over the world (Frankfurt, Salzburg, Zürich, Athens, Ljubljana, Sydney , Hobart, Alice Springs, Uluru (think Ayer's rock aka "Big Red Rock), Hawaii) as well as numerous meetups in the continental U.S.

Lehava also had thing about kids on leashes. As WifeMplsV1 & I traveled the world, whenever I saw a kid on a leash in an airport, I always texted Lehava a kid-on-a-leash report. She loved it!

R.I.P. Lehava
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am just now seeing this. She went way too early.

i remember some Delta official at one of our FT events telling a story where he realized he was either on the same plane with or sitting next to Lehava. I think it was the latter. Maybe it was Jeff Robertson?

RIP.

Last edited by DiverDave; Jun 19, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.