Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nancypants
I tried to find the most Nordic looking one! They are quite famous and sell for hundreds to thousands of dollars in some markets (not on island obviously!). There is a second one coming from within the UK should be with you soon
I received the other "back up" gift this morning! Thank you very much for the rare Dala Horse (typically red, Ive seen blue or white, but I don't think I've seen black ones before), I am sooooo excited to display these on my fireplace to be installed by the end of this month. Yes, the first one is indeed amazing, I can imagine people want to pay that much. The paint colours a bit transferred onto the wrapping paper, which was a bit concerning, but the object itself looks OK (phew...!). I will celebrate Orthodox Christmas with these gifts

Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I received the other "back up" gift this morning! Thank you very much for the rare Dala Horse (typically red, Ive seen blue or white, but I don't think I've seen black ones before), I am sooooo excited to display these on my fireplace to be installed by the end of this month. Yes, the first one is indeed amazing, I can imagine people want to pay that much. The paint colours a bit transferred onto the wrapping paper, which was a bit concerning, but the object itself looks OK (phew...!). I will celebrate Orthodox Christmas with these gifts

Paint is natural ochre so can be a little friable. Although it adds a kind of patina I suppose (they are often installed outside here and kind of age/weather over time)
Dark Blue and FlyingCow like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I have just realised I never did post about my last two gifts… Big apologies for my Santas, I have been a naughty Santee this year.

So I came back from my travels to find two parcels waiting for me. One containing a bottle of Akashi blended Japanese whisky, and the other with a bottle of a Luxembourg (!) single malt, a rain cap (ideal for my bike commute), a lovely card and homemade cookies. Both are coming from anonymous Santas, so thank you whomever you are.

Thank you as well to Dark Blue and my other anonymous Santa for their lovely gifts

And of course, thank you wharvey for another great year of FlyerTalk Secret Santa!
offerendum, tcl, CPH-Flyer and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
I have just realised I never did post about my last two gifts… Big apologies for my Santas, I have been a naughty Santee this year.

So I came back from my travels to find two parcels waiting for me. One containing a bottle of Akashi blended Japanese whisky, and the other with a bottle of a Luxembourg (!) single malt, a rain cap (ideal for my bike commute), a lovely card and homemade cookies. Both are coming from anonymous Santas, so thank you whomever you are.

Thank you as well to Dark Blue and my other anonymous Santa for their lovely gifts

And of course, thank you wharvey for another great year of FlyerTalk Secret Santa!
I recognise the home made Xmas cookies. They are excellent. And they were a godsend during my hotel quarantine upon return to Tokyo. Coffee and a cookie to cheer me up.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:07 am

Received a fabulous parcel from Germany today of baking equipment, confections and a calendar that I have had to fight off my colleagues from taking today- thanks Santa! Cheered me up on a miserable covid monday
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by nancypants
Received a fabulous parcel from Germany today of baking equipment, confections and a calendar that I have had to fight off my colleagues from taking today- thanks Santa! Cheered me up on a miserable covid monday
Amazing it finally made its way!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Thank you Wharvey, for organizing this. Happy New year all!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Amazing it finally made its way!
I scoffed the marzipan at half midnight after a call out and all!
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Apologies for being late to the party, but a move in NYC had me sending all my gifts home to Chicago... COVID delayed the plans getting there... finally made it!

HUGE thank you to all my secret santas for all of the Chicago and United-themed items... with a special thank you to whoever found a retro duffle bag with the UA tulip logo and the Cubs logo. Amazing find. LOVE!

Happy new year to everyone! Stay safe and healthy.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:58 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Dear Santas,

I want to apologize again to those of you who have not received your gifts yet. I am trying to get responses.... but people are choosing to not respond to my messages. I am now going to try emails vs FT PM to reach them.

It looks like I will need a few good Santa do-gooders to step in for delinquent Santas.

If you are willing to help out; please let me know ASAP. Also let me know if you are willing to take on an international assignment. I will assume USA only unless you tell me otherwise.

Thanks again

Thanks again...
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I can help. Let me know what you want to do.
tcl and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:01 am

I am extremely happy to report that I got a parcel with several food stuffs from Australia! Thank you so, so much!
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:58 am

I arrived home from being on vacation for a couple of weeks. The neighbor had taken in a box from my last secret santa. Wonderful assortment of chocolate items from Bissingers in St. Louis. Thanks to my secret santa we enjoyed all the treats.

offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Guess who's going to be all decked out in Delta finery onboard her flight to Paris this May?

This lady here!

Thank you so much to my Lounge Secret Santa! These really cool Delta socks and "Pamper Me Kit" arrived today.

There was initially a delivery issue (no fault of Santa) but all's well that ends well!

Thank you to my Santas and to WH for administering this really fun event.

— Trish

offerendum and fishccy like this.

Last edited by LadyWrites; Jan 20, 2022 at 12:27 pm
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
Guess who's going to be all decked out in Delta finery onboard her flight to Paris this May?

This lady here!

Thank you so much to my Lounge Secret Santa! These really cool Delta socks and "Pamper Me Kit" arrived today.

There was initially a delivery issue (no fault of Santa) but all's well that ends well!

Thank you to my Santas and to WH for administering this really fun event.

— Trish

Oh, good! Finally!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.