Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:56 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
And Brisbane is back into a 3 day lockdown due to 4 new community cases overnight....don't book anything non refundable!
JohnSydney2000 and JessicaTam like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
It is getting so we cannot book anything domestic more than a few days out now. Strange year or so to plan travel

Margo and I finally got married a year back, and only 5 possible including bridge, groom and celebrant!

Glen
kpc, JohnSydney2000, Fredd and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kpc
Looks like Ozfest this year will be an Aussie event only unfortunately! ...
Dang. I'm fully vaccinated, my temporary job ends May 17th, and I need an OzFest fix!
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
...Margo and I finally got married a year back, and only 5 possible including bridge, groom and celebrant!

Glen
That is wonderful. She is much too good for you. Next time we are in Oz or you are in the States, we must plan a get together to celebrate her happiness and your good fortune.

We know that you are good together and all will be great for both of you going forward.

Franny sends her love.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps;[url=tel:33145735
33145735[/url]]It is getting so we cannot book anything domestic more than a few days out now. Strange year or so to plan travel

Margo and I finally got married a year back, and only 5 possible including bridge, groom and celebrant!

Glen
Looking on the bright side of things, great savings on the wedding reception costs! 😉

Kathy and I send belated best wishes to you both.
Bundy Bear likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Smile

It is getting so we cannot book anything domestic more than a few days out now. Strange year or so to plan travel

Glen
Glen,
A belated congratulation to both you and Margo.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
... Margo and I finally got married a year back, and only 5 possible including bridge, groom and celebrant!

Glen
Congratulations to both of you! Having met both of you, I can say that you're a very lucky guy. Her, I'm not so sure.

P.S. Who's the bridge? (And don't bother going back to edit. That post has been quoted too many times for that to work.)
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
No doubt the Australians are aware of this already but I'll post this for the benefit of fellow visitors. We'll have to pin our hopes on 2022.

Qantas international flights in doubt as jab target shelved
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:54 pm
kpc

Originally Posted by Fredd
We'll have to pin our hopes on 2022.
...sadly, may have to make that 2023 and you might have a chance of visiting Oz
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kpc
...sadly, may have to make that 2023 and you might have a chance of visiting Oz
There is talk that it might not be until 2024.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I have booked Sat and Sun nights at the HH. Any word on the activities yet?
kpc and Storyteller like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:35 am
kpc

Originally Posted by monitor
There is talk that it might not be until 2024.
Heard that but hope not...hope you and Franny are safe and well!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Is OZFest still happening this year folks? Presently in SYD and wouldn't mind taking the bus ride on QF to BNE over the long weekend to meet up with everyone in the Oz travel community.

-'Roo Flyer
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
We are just back from a trip to Brisbane to catch up with family. We found it somewhat stressful, checking numbers every day and worrying about getting caught in quarantine somewhere - this also meant we packed some extra clothes in case we did end up in quarantine!

We stayed at the Hilton, as we always do. No executive lounge. Breakfast was a "you choose, we plate" affair which was OK. The restaurant only offers dinner on Friday and Saturday and is otherwise closed.

Out in the city streets there isn't the devastation you see in Melbourne's city streets where there are many closed shopfronts. But even just in the arcades there were many closed shops. The restaurants/bars in the centre of the mall were incredibly crowded (no social distancing at all!) and gave us no temptation to frequent them.

I can report that a call to house keeping to ask for plates and cutlery resulted in a tray with what we wanted in just a minute or two. Clearly lots of demand and a presumption that people have food getting cold!

We really aren't in a hurry to go back at this point. We have opera tickets booked for November and frankly I am not sure about that!

I think we need to downgrade ourselves to silvery gold.

Audrey
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Well I've booked my flight to BNE so I suppose you can put me on the Gold list (pending upgrade to Diamond Medallion

Look forward to seeing everyone next month!

Your Trusty,

Roo Flyer
Itsalongwaydown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.