Reload this Page >

13th Annual WineDo - Sunday June 14, 2020 in NYC [Deferred]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

13th Annual WineDo - Sunday June 14, 2020 in NYC [Deferred]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by FlyerStef
NYC WineDo in Maui in December could be fun...

I can dream too!
I'm not sure which one would cost more, NYC or OGG... Was in Maui last month... its $$$ now!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)

Hi y'all,

I do plan on renewing x.5 in this winter. However, it is very early to make any determinations. At this time, we don't know if there would be concerned with revival of covid-19 or other travel constraints applicable for the winter. I do have two potential places in mind, and I will keep monitoring. In the interim, I invite you to pick a bottle of bubbly wine, well aged, from Champagne, and have a toast for your good health. Keep the Salon 1990 magnum from perfect storage you purchased on release for the wineDO x.5 please...
Yamas!
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by DLroads
Hi y'all,

I do plan on renewing x.5 in this winter. However, it is very early to make any determinations. At this time, we don't know if there would be concerned with revival of covid-19 or other travel constraints applicable for the winter. I do have two potential places in mind, and I will keep monitoring. In the interim, I invite you to pick a bottle of bubbly wine, well aged, from Champagne, and have a toast for your good health. Keep the Salon 1990 magnum from perfect storage you purchased on release for the wineDO x.5 please...
Yamas!
I am now very cautiously optimistic that things will be back to normal by June. Too soon to plan yet.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by BOB W
I am now very cautiously optimistic that things will be back to normal by June. Too soon to plan yet.
Let's hope!
PS- sadly one of the places I considered for the .5 was closed due to COVID. As for the other it is standing well knock on wood.

PS- a place I consider has an open/warm 'wood' tent (for those currently visiting NY it would be pretty clear, for the test- think wood house outside a restaurant with more space, but limited seating and alot of ventilation.) I am considering a limited .5, we can call it a test drive. Would there be an interest?

Last edited by DLroads; Dec 7, 2020 at 8:03 pm Reason: Adding PS2
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Not too soon to plan. Too soon to confirm.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
We would definitely be in for a .5 if we could figure out a way to do it in a safe, outdoor space (and if we're not in total lockdown).
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Aside from the fact that it is too cold in NY for an outdoor affair, we know that a vaccine is not all that far away.
So we have decided to stick it out where it is warm and do no more traveling until we are vaccinated.
dhammer53, tcook052, BOB W and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by monitor
Aside from the fact that it is too cold in NY for an outdoor affair, we know that a vaccine is not all that far away.
So we have decided to stick it out where it is warm and do no more traveling until we are vaccinated.
A winter trip is out for me also. June is more to my liking. And, as you may recall, the last time I visited NYC in the winter, they (almost) set a new snowfall record for the city.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLroads
PS- a place I consider has an open/warm 'wood' tent (for those currently visiting NY it would be pretty clear, for the test- think wood house outside a restaurant with more space, but limited seating and alot of ventilation.) I am considering a limited .5, we can call it a test drive. Would there be an interest?
I can't help but think of this image and the title, winter outdoor dining enclosure, aka indoors, we’ve come full circle: https://old.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment..._indoors_weve/
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I can't help but think of this image and the title, winter outdoor dining enclosure, aka indoors, we’ve come full circle: https://old.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment..._indoors_weve/
Yes, those are effectively for any purpose shape or form of discussion indoor dining. Maybe more spacious, but indoors. Not what I had in mind.
Sadly, the interim trajectory (Aka both seven and fourteen days positive of NY) are bad. I'd wait until further notice. Thinking it would take more time
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 5:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Too cold nothing, just drink more wine!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Too cold nothing, just drink more wine!
But to us the wine tastes better sitting on the balcony watching the boats in 70F weather than it would sitting outside on Second Avenue at 40F. The downside is that the wine merchants in our area carry very limited stock of German and Austrian wines, the kind that you can get easily in NYC.

It is also very good on the patio of one of the restaurants within a five minute drive. So we are not feeling much deprivation even though we're not going anywhere new, exploring new wine regions and bringing home something we found interesting.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But to us the wine tastes better sitting on the balcony watching the boats in 70F weather than it would sitting outside on Second Avenue at 40F. The downside is that the wine merchants in our area carry very limited stock of German and Austrian wines, the kind that you can get easily in NYC.

It is also very good on the patio of one of the restaurants within a five minute drive. So we are not feeling much deprivation even though we're not going anywhere new, exploring new wine regions and bringing home something we found interesting.
Pity that it is impossible to have German and Austrian wines shipped I wouldn't know, as Kermit Lynch is walking distance from home.
If you are going through some sort of withdrawal, and want to support domestic production, https://windchaserwine.com/index.html - this guy has done a wonderful job with some of your favo(u)rite colder climes varietals, generally with Mendocino Co. fruit. He delivers! (Yes, by dropping the wine at the house
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A winter trip is out for me also. June is more to my liking. And, as you may recall, the last time I visited NYC in the winter, they (almost) set a new snowfall record for the city.
As some of us may recall, DLRoads has really chosen some special winter weather for .5 gatherings.

Somehow, I didn't kill myself or even get the poto wet getting down into the station.
thewayofthefuture likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As some of us may recall, DLRoads has really chosen some special winter weather for .5 gatherings.

Somehow, I didn't kill myself or even get the poto wet getting down into the station.
It's starting to look a little like that now!

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.